R37.66 - Fidelity 401k flipped to Simple Investing + double transactions

botzen67
botzen67 Member ✭✭
Just updated to R37.66 build 27.1.37.66 and now all of my Fidelity 401k accounts are "broken". For some reason the value of every account is showing double what it really is and I can't figure out how to get to register view for those accounts now. When I click on the account name it takes me to some sort of 4 graph view. Seems like this release broke some things related to Fidelity accounts.

Comments

• botzen67
    botzen67 Member ✭✭
    Seems the problem has something to do with this new "simple" vs "complete" tracking method which apparently they set to "simple" by default for all investment accounts? This is a REALLY bad user experience to change something under the hood from what users are used to seeing!
  • botzen67
    botzen67 Member ✭✭
    As part of the automatic transition to "simple" it also apparently added some reconciled transactions to each of my Fidelity accounts that were bogus. Once I deleted them everything is back to normal. I'm NOT happy with this update.
  • DarrylJ
    DarrylJ Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue with "double" balance. The "real" balance of the 401k accounts is duplicated as "cash". The cash can be updated as "0" but the next update brings back the doubled total.

What's up with this Quicken?
  • botzen67
    botzen67 Member ✭✭
    I'm gonna say they screwed up the release of this "simple view" feature (bug?) for investment accounts. I've just spend the last 30 minutes figuring out how to undo their automatic changes. Very bad experience!!!!
  • I just did the same update. My balances weren't doubled but there were some mystery transactions added and reconciled. Oh and it took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to turn off the 'Simple View'. I had my cash balanced doubled but not the securities.
  • robjessica
    robjessica Member ✭✭✭
    Glad to see I'm not the only one having issues. When I called Quicken support this morning they told me it wasn't their problem and to call Fidelity. I have since figured out if I start a new file and add Fidelity the account value shows up properly for a 401k. Adding it into the original will reproduce the erroneous numbers though. I dropped and added a connection about 5-6 times this morning with Fidelity and it worked fine. However, now it will no longer link to fidelity and you get a HTTP connection denied error.
  • botzen67
    botzen67 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    [Removed - Profanity/Speculation] It doesn't just impact Fidelity accounts. It messed up all of my "Investing" accounts.
  • Morrie
    Morrie Member
    edited January 2022
    Just adding my vote here too guys. They messed up mine too. My Ed Jones accounts work as they should but they are recording my securities values also as cash value effectively doubling the value of the investment. This needs to be fixed now [Removed - Inaccurate/Speculation]
  • I'm having the same problem since the last update. My 401k cash balance should be zero but is displayed as equal to value of securities so my total value is double what it should. How do you get out of simple view?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running R37.66 since if first came out.  And I've had NO problems with my 5 Fidelity accounts or any other investment account.
    Keep looking for another reason.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dbvirago
    dbvirago Member ✭✭
    Just solved this on my account. First change from Simple to Complete. Now I had the same detail I was used to before, except there was a CashIn entry at the top. Deleted that and it hasn't happened again. R 37.67
  • pmarker
    pmarker Member ✭✭
    dbvirago did you change back to simple and it still worked with out a cash entry like we had before.
  • Beelzy
    Beelzy Member ✭✭
    I have this same issue. I compared the OFX Log against the OFX Spec and found the following:

Fidelity is not sending a <CASHBAL> value inside the <INV401KBAL> tag, but probably should be. Since Quicken is not receiving a <CASHBAL> value from Fidelity, Quicken must be interpreting one of the other balance values as the Cash balance. Inside the <BALLIST> Fidelity is sending 3 <BAL> aggregates with the <NAME> values set to MarketValue, VestedValue, and TotalAssetsValue. All 3 of these have the <BALTYPE> set to DOLLAR, and Quicken must be incorrectly interpreting one of them as the Cash balance.

I recommend Quicken assume the Cash balance is zero if there is no <CASHBAL> value in the OFX response.
  • tlgrffn
    tlgrffn Member
    Quicken--you've over complicated investment accounts. Just let them sync correctly. Too many hours wasted. I do wish my balance was doubled but it is not. This makes the net worth reports useless. Why are you charging me annually if you can't get these basics correct? FRUSTRATED.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    tlgrffn said:
    Quicken--you've over complicated investment accounts. Just let them sync correctly. Too many hours wasted. I do wish my balance was doubled but it is not. This makes the net worth reports useless. Why are you charging me annually if you can't get these basics correct? FRUSTRATED.
    Hello @tlgrffn

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this matter.

Have you attempted the workaround recommended by @dbvirago earlier in this thread? I would be curious to know the results.

Feel free to check back in with us and share any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • dbvirago
    dbvirago Member ✭✭
    Sorry, I didn't check back in on this. @pmarker I left it on Complete. This account doesn't see a lot of activity, so I mostly just need the balance correct.

All, for whatever reason, the total is still doubled on mobile so for some reason they don't sync up.
  • Quicken Jared
    dbvirago said:
    Sorry, I didn't check back in on this. @pmarker I left it on Complete. This account doesn't see a lot of activity, so I mostly just need the balance correct.

All, for whatever reason, the total is still doubled on mobile so for some reason they don't sync up.
    Hello @dbvirago

I am sorry to hear that this issue with doubled balances is continuing. Thank you for getting in touch with us once more about this.

Have you tried resetting the cloud data? Before attempting this, be sure to save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. This is vital in preserving your data and can be helpful in other situations, as well. 

Next, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID. 
    I look forward to your reply, and hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • dbvirago
    dbvirago Member ✭✭
    Okay, I did that. Now the balance on that account is zero instead of double. The balance is still correct in Win desktop.
  • Quicken Jared
    dbvirago said:
    Okay, I did that. Now the balance on that account is zero instead of double. The balance is still correct in Win desktop.
    @dbvirago

Understood. Thank you for continuing to reach out about this problem, and for providing additional information and updates regarding the situation. 

Save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, make sure that the Sync function is turned on by going to the MOBILE tab in Quicken desktop and then navigate to the Preferences menu icon - denoted by three bars - in the upper right hand side of the screen. Click on this, select Preferences, then be sure that the switch next to 'Sync:' is toggled to the ON position. 

I am interested in hearing back from you once this has been done, if you should have the chance to drop by and speak with us about this again. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • pmarker
    pmarker Member ✭✭
    dvirago, I tried what you recommend above. The issue I have now is the Desktop for my Netbenefits account shows a value double in what it should be cause of the cash balance issue... but when I go to the mobile app the value is correct and does not show the cash balance. I have tried to do a cloud sync several times and restart my desktop app and the desktop continues to show a cash balance that should not be there. I don't know if my value of Fidelity Netbenefits was correct on my mobile App before I reset the cloud data since I was only looking at the Desktop app to try to resolve the issue.
  • kmckinnon
    kmckinnon Member ✭✭
    pmarker I've reported this issue where FNB accounts using Simple Only show a balance double what they are worth. An edit/reset of the displayed Cash Balance to 0 corrects the balance. So far Quicken has suggested the problem is at FNB and they cannot do anything to fix this other than to advise I configure FNB accounts to download/track all transactions. Unless Quicken and FNB get together to actually work on the problem I don't see a resolution coming our way.
This discussion has been closed.