Downloads and Cloud Issue - MacOS 12.0.1 Qv 6.5.1

Options
2»

Comments

• JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That goes exactly to my point where you say, "but had somehow dropped the matching entry in the checking account." Transfers cannot have only one side to them. From my experimentation when Cloud sync is On and you hit this bug and then have HALF of a transfer that was previously reconciled, like you do, and then you delete that half transfer...you just also deleted some other 'random' transaction to which it had become linked. They have really corrupted something. Hopefully you can delete enough wrong transactions to get back in shape...but it is really messing with the Quicken file and you'll likely see other transactions further in the past now wrong.

Make lots of well-labled backups.
    -Jay
  • john2018
    john2018 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    That's correct. The transfer was labelled transfer in the payee and category on the receiving account, but the sending account not longer had the sending account. In the reconcile history for the sending account, the transaction was still there but marked as deleted and the reconcile on that date showed an error. All I had to do was "restore" the transaction and it automatically linked to teh correct line on the receiving account - go figure. I'm already on 6.6.1 with a working file and will continue to make frequent backups :)
  • john2018
    john2018 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still on 6.6.1. Sync Off. Reconciled everything cleanly last night.
    This morning I downloaded everything and this issue reappeared with one set of transactions from today. One payment from checking to CC showed as 2 transactions as 2 transactions. Checking to CC1( wrong account), then a second transaction from CC1 to CC2 (correct account). It seems like it's trying to automatically assign a transfer to the wrong account then somehow generates a new transaction to correct the mistake. SInce it's only 1 I can easily correct it by changing the first transaction to go to the correct credit card then deleting the 2nd transaction from CC1 to CC2, but this will get painful again if there are more than one transaction and they go back into history.
    Could this be a flaw in "Automatically improve the quality of downloaded payee name and categories"? It is currently On and I'll be turning it Off to see if that eliminates the problem.
  • john2018
    john2018 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The 2 transactions in the "wrong account" have the yellow pencil icon. These were not manually entered.
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can anyone else who has had this issue with old transactions changing and transfers breaking when Quicken Cloud sync is On please confirm whether Quicken Mac version 6.6.2 clearly fixes their issues? Is anyone still having this happen to them and corrupt their data file when Quicken Cloud sync is On?
    -Jay