Downloads and Cloud Issue - MacOS 12.0.1 Qv 6.5.1

Starting 1/1/2022 - When I try to download / update online accounts, I had to open a new cloud account. When I did, it changed accounts that didn't have the passwords updated before I had a chance to do anything. I get the orange ball next to the account, but the value have changed. Specifically it added a bunch of transactions over the course of years in a few accounts. (Moved from checking to a credit card, then to another credit card) Mostly transferring funds between a few accounts. Some had offsetting values, but some changed the current totals. These show up as unreconciled and past reconcile errors that didnt exist before the update.... I'd like to reset my cloud accounts, but it won't let me until after I've opened a new account and that then screws up my file.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    john2018 said:
    Starting 1/1/2022 - When I try to download / update online accounts, I had to open a new cloud account. When I did, it changed accounts that didn't have the passwords updated before I had a chance to do anything. I get the orange ball next to the account, but the value have changed. Specifically it added a bunch of transactions over the course of years in a few accounts. (Moved from checking to a credit card, then to another credit card) Mostly transferring funds between a few accounts. Some had offsetting values, but some changed the current totals. These show up as unreconciled and past reconcile errors that didnt exist before the update.... I'd like to reset my cloud accounts, but it won't let me until after I've opened a new account and that then screws up my file.
    Hello @john2018,

I know that update and transaction history issues can be distressing, and I appreciate that you took the time to bring this issue before the Quicken Community. When you say that funds are being transferred between accounts, do you mean that transactions are being downloaded into incorrect ones, as of New Year's Day?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • john2018
    john2018 Member ✭✭
    Yes - transactions were showing up in multiple accounts. These transactions didn't exist and went as far back as 2018. I could find them relatively easy since they showed up as unreconciled transactions. It took us 2:12 last night hours and 2:46 this morning, but support was more patient than me. Tried opening from multiple backups, created test files, exported to .qxf(Win format), then reimported, cleared all cloud accounts, disconnected everything from cloud, stopped sync - at this point the elevated support was able to change something in the cloud account and I started from last decent backup 12/31. Once everything was reconnected it seems to be working. Lots of backups and keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    john2018 said:
    Yes - transactions were showing up in multiple accounts. These transactions didn't exist and went as far back as 2018. I could find them relatively easy since they showed up as unreconciled transactions. It took us 2:12 last night hours and 2:46 this morning, but support was more patient than me. Tried opening from multiple backups, created test files, exported to .qxf(Win format), then reimported, cleared all cloud accounts, disconnected everything from cloud, stopped sync - at this point the elevated support was able to change something in the cloud account and I started from last decent backup 12/31. Once everything was reconnected it seems to be working. Lots of backups and keeping my fingers crossed.
    @john2018,

Thanks again for checking back in to keep us posted on any new developments. I am glad to hear that the situation appears to have been resolved, but feel free to come back any time and ask us about any additional issues.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared