Post tax transfers between accounts, how do you enter them so they appear on budget?

Options
Mark279
Mark279 Member ✭✭
I can't figure out how to label a transfer from my savings to my checking so this money appears as tax free income on my Budget view. And the same for the reverse. My income swings wildly month to month. All income gets direct deposited into my savings. I then transfer each month the amount of money needed to balance my budget for that month. Sometimes, income is deposited into my checking and i have a surplus for the month, so i have to transfer it into savings. But I can't figure out how to categorize these transfers. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Transfers are not really income, but if you want to treat them as income for budgeting purposes, you can go to the Budgets page then click on Manage budget categories. There are Transfers in and Transfers out sections where you can select transfer accounts to count as income or expenses, respectively.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Mark279
    Mark279 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried that, but there are many transfers between my checking and my savings account. It for my estate, they are titled differently. It became a mess when I tried it, but a necessary evil. I am trying to come up with a way to do it without creating an artificial taxable event.
This discussion has been closed.