Can I delete a checking account without impacting transactions

JGofNJ
JGofNJ Member
So I have been managing my daughter's checking account which included transferring funds between her account and my checking account. Now that she manages her own accounts, can I delete her account without messing up my checking account balances? What will happen to the transfer transactions if I delete her account.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Deleting the account will cause problems for any transfers to or from the account. Deleting is not reversible.

I think you should go to the Account Details and Hide the account and make it Separate. Hiding it will remove it from the Accounts bar and making it Separate will remove it by default from your reports, Lifetime Planner, etc.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Deleting the account will cause problems for any transfers to or from the account. Deleting is not reversible.

I think you should go to the Account Details and Hide the account and make it Separate. Hiding it will remove it from the Accounts bar and making it Separate will remove it by default from your reports, Lifetime Planner, etc.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • JGofNJ
    JGofNJ Member
    Thanks Jim, That's what I thought.
This discussion has been closed.