Budget - Is there an annual column? (Q Mac)

Dorothy H
Dorothy H Member ✭✭✭
Quicken for Mac. Subscription.

I'm in the process of setting up first budget so may have overlooked something. I can see an annual column in the "edit" mode, but don't see one in the "print" mode. Is there an option to see an annual column when printing?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    It depends on which report your print. If you click on the print icon when viewing your budget:

The "Full Budget" will give you each month.
    The "Summary Budget" will give you the Annual.

When viewing the Budget onscreen, you can toggle the annual amount (hidden by default) by clicking on this icon:

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    When you do a Summary budget, it is presenting year-to-date data for actual, budget and difference.

On the main budget screen, if you have toggled the totals columns to be visible, there is another little toggle to the right of the year which changes between showing totals for the entire year or the year-to-date:

Note whether these columns are headed "January to December" or just "January." 

This said, there's a pretty major shortcoming with the budget in Quicken Mac: you can't control what time period you are showing totals for beyond the control above. Right now, it is showing January actuals so far compared to your budget amounts for January. On February 1, however, it will be showing your year-to-date actuals through February 1 versus the year-to-date budget through February. What you'd want to be able to do on February 1, but currently can't, is specify actual-versus-budget through January. Hopefully 2022 will finally be the year the developers finally remedy this shortcoming .

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    It depends on which report your print. If you click on the print icon when viewing your budget:

The "Full Budget" will give you each month.
    The "Summary Budget" will give you the Annual.

When viewing the Budget onscreen, you can toggle the annual amount (hidden by default) by clicking on this icon:

• Dorothy H
    Dorothy H Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for answering. I am still having trouble finding a way to print a report showing annual budgeted amounts.

When I print Summary Budget, there are three columns - Actual, Budgeted, Difference. I don't see a column with annual budget amounts.

For example, ran Summary Budget mid-January, with "as of date" set to 1/2022 and am looking at Gas category. The actual column displays what has been spent on gas Jan 1-Jan 14. The budgeted column displays the budgeted amount for the month of January and the difference column contains the difference between the two. Would changing the "as of date" to 12/2022 give the annual on Summary Budget?

Thanks for tips on toggling the "Hide budget totals column" and then having the option to select "Budget YTD Totals" or "Entire Budget Year Totals." Selecting "Entire Budget Year Totals" displays on screen the annual budget amount, but I can't figure out how to print a report displaying annual budget amount.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    When you do a Summary budget, it is presenting year-to-date data for actual, budget and difference.

On the main budget screen, if you have toggled the totals columns to be visible, there is another little toggle to the right of the year which changes between showing totals for the entire year or the year-to-date:

Note whether these columns are headed "January to December" or just "January." 

This said, there's a pretty major shortcoming with the budget in Quicken Mac: you can't control what time period you are showing totals for beyond the control above. Right now, it is showing January actuals so far compared to your budget amounts for January. On February 1, however, it will be showing your year-to-date actuals through February 1 versus the year-to-date budget through February. What you'd want to be able to do on February 1, but currently can't, is specify actual-versus-budget through January. Hopefully 2022 will finally be the year the developers finally remedy this shortcoming .

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.