Subscription Cost

Options
JPRex4
JPRex4 Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Before you Buy
Do I really need to pay $78 for one year of program updates and automatic download of credit card data for Quicken Premier (Windows)? Two years ago I paid $98 for two years. $78 per year seems awfully expensive.

Answers

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I purchase Premier every year from Amazon for about $45-$50. You can usually find deals online if you check around.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JPRex4 said: automatic download of credit card data for Quicken Premier
    Do you really need Premiere - I have Deluxe and it does everything for banking and investments ....
    If no Investments, then maybe even Starter ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JPRex4 said:
    Do I really need to pay $78 for one year of program updates and automatic download of credit card data for Quicken Premier (Windows)??? Two years ago I paid $98 for two years. $78 per year seems awfully expensive.
    Hi @JPRex4 ,

Not too many Companies have adopted AT&T Business Model, by treating all Customers the same.

You can save money with Quicken, by waiting 30 days after Quicken Membership Expires, before buying Quicken again as a New Customer. But it is up to you.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken has been working to drive discounting, which was once ubiquitous, out of the picture. There are still significant (40%) discounts for new users, but many fewer for existing users than there used to be.

Unlike the old days, buying from Quicken directly, any sale/discount prices you might see apply only to new customers, never to existing customers.  But you can possible find discounted copies in the retail channel.

Some retail copies now have expressly on the box that they are for new subscribers only, and the activation codes in those boxes will not work for extending an existing subscription. Some retail copies do not say they are only for new subscribers, so they should work for existing subscribers.

A few users have reported buying such a box with doesn't mention new subscribers, yet the activation code does not work even though it should. And be aware that if you buy online and not at a store, a retailer could ship you a new-subscriber box even though it doesn't show in the picture on their website — so check the box carefully before opening.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JPRex4 said:
    Do I really need to pay $78 for one year of program updates and automatic download of credit card data for Quicken Premier (Windows)??? Two years ago I paid $98 for two years. $78 per year seems awfully expensive.
    Hi @JPRex4 ,

Not too many Companies have adopted AT&T Business Model, by treating all Customers the same.

You can save money with Quicken, by waiting 30 days after Quicken Membership Expires, before buying Quicken again as a New Customer. But it is up to you.
    @thec@thecreator, Quicken no longer considers a user "new" even if their subscription has elapsed more than 30 days. Qince a Quicken ID is used to activate Quicken, it can never be a "new user".
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.