Login Details Request Don't Match with Bank Requirements

Options
galoi
galoi Member
Hi All,

I wanted to connect my Standard Chartered India bank account (credit card account). I see Quicken does show me this bank option as available in the menu (for account addition).

But when I try to connect; Quicken throws me a login window which does not match the login details which I fill when I login to the account online through web. I did call the bank to confirm and they did mention that the details asked on Quicken window are not right. Its usually a login id and password. But Quicken requests for an additional ID.

So as a result I cannot add my credit card account to Quicken. Has any one faced this problem earlier?

Thanks!

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @galoi You should probably call Quicken Support and walk them through what you've encountered. They would need to agree, document the issue, and escalate it to Quicken's service provider (Intuit) for this to be addressed. (Note that Quicken Support is closed on Monday due to the MLK holiday).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • galoi
    galoi Member
    Options
    Thank you for the note. I reached out Quicken support and they noticed the same login requirements which I saw when I tried to add the account and they suggested me to check with bank. Bank gave me the same response that the login detail which is being requested in quicken is not required.

So now I need to check how to get back to this resolution. I will raise it with customer support.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @galoi Yes, I think you have to insist with Quicken Support that the bank has confirmed to you that Quicken is asking for the wrong credentials, and that the problem is Quicken's scripts for this bank need to be changed. There's nothing you or the bank can do; the fault is Quicken asking for the wrong information. Hopefully, you will get a Support representative who understands and, after some testing to make sure you aren't making an error, will agree that this needs to be escalated to their connectivity team to be remedied. Press for them to open a ticket, and to give you the case number. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.