Choosing Schedule Selected Transaction does nothing

lopez
lopez Member ✭✭
When I have a transaction that I wish to turn into a recurring, scheduled transaction, if I select the transaction and choose "Schedule Selected Transaction" from either the contextual menu, or the Transactions menu, nothing happens. I am able to create scheduled transactions using the Bills & Income -> New Bill+ button. Is this normal behavior? If so, the non-functional interface element should be fixed or removed. If not, how might I correct it?

I am using Quicken version 6.5.1 on macOS 12.1.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    There is a bug in the 6.5.1 release which they will hopefully fix in the next release.

You actually can create and edit scheduled transactions. If you create the scheduled transaction in an account register set to show 2 or more future months (not the Bills & Income window), you'll see what is happening. When you select a transaction to schedule, it should pop up the Schedule window — but instead, it just makes a transaction repeating every month. To fix this, double-click on the first instance of the new transaction and select Edit All Instances from the blue pop-up. Now you will be able to click on the Schedule screen and set the schedule parameters however you want them.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    There is a bug in the 6.5.1 release which they will hopefully fix in the next release.

You actually can create and edit scheduled transactions. If you create the scheduled transaction in an account register set to show 2 or more future months (not the Bills & Income window), you'll see what is happening. When you select a transaction to schedule, it should pop up the Schedule window — but instead, it just makes a transaction repeating every month. To fix this, double-click on the first instance of the new transaction and select Edit All Instances from the blue pop-up. Now you will be able to click on the Schedule screen and set the schedule parameters however you want them.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lopez
    lopez Member ✭✭
    Thanks for verifying the problem, and alerting me that there were actually future transactions scheduled for each time I tried to make it work. They would have soon been a problem.
This discussion has been closed.