Sync newly installed Qwin with existing Cloud data

Hello all.

I'm installing Quicken on a new Win 10 box.
I have Quicken on my phone and on another PC and they are syncing fine.

I created a new Quicken file on the new PC but I can't figure out how to sync with the cloud data.

I've chosen the same cloud file as is used on my phone and the other PC but it shows no data on the new PC and prompts me to start all over entering new accounts, etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

B

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The new Quicken file has it's own cloud account associated with the Quicken ID.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ButchDance said: I've chosen the same cloud file as is used on my phone and the other PC but it shows no data on the new PC and prompts me to start all over entering new accounts, etc.
    Just some clarification....  wonder how you "chose" the same Cloud file ?
    The Quicken Cloud is used to initially Sync data FROM your desktop Quicken QDF file up to the Quicken Cloud, which in turn makes it visible to Quicken On The Web and the Quicken Mobile App. 
    The key part is that the data MUST start on the desktop and then Sync up to the Cloud.  At that point, there is an internal Quicken Dataset ID that matches up with the desktop file and the cloud file.  You have already done that with your other PC and the specific Quicken QDF file used on that PC.... 
    SO... you really need to get a copy of the Quicken QDF file from the other PC and copy it onto your new PC. At that point the Quicken desktop file ID and the Quicken Cloud dataset ID will again match, and all your data should be there.
    There are a ton of other Quicken issues when trying to combine and SYNC data from multiple sources, PC, Cloud, etc - but that is a different discussion.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.