I am unable to deactivate and reactivate credit union account for downloads

Richard S
Richard S Member ✭✭
I was told to deactivate my CU account and then reactivate it to continue receiving download. I deactivated my account but when I tried to reactivate it by following the normal process at the end of the process I get a pop up window that is blank with small print at the the top saying "Service Provider Change OK right away" The whole process then locks up. I have to reboot my computer to shut down my Quicken H&B 2021. It completely freezes the program.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't already, after you deactivate the Online Services associated with an account register, I suggest you clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  To activate the Online Services, I suggest you select Tools > Add Account....  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide a list of the accounts it obtains from the financial institution and allow you to link the accounts to the appropriate existing registers.
  • Richard S
    Richard S Member ✭✭
    Sherlock, thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately is did not work. The blank page come back into play and everything locked up. Any other suggestions would certainly be appreciated and certainly attempted. Thanks
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Richard S said:
    Sherlock, thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately is did not work. The blank page come back into play and everything locked up. Any other suggestions would certainly be appreciated and certainly attempted. Thanks
    What is the full name of the financial institution and which connection method are you attempting to set up?
  • Richard S
    Richard S Member ✭✭
    Houston Police Federal Credit Union, and I am trying to establish the web connect account download through the Quicken Program.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    The Houston Police Federal Credit Union should support the Express Web Connect and the Web Connect connection method.  Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you still want to use the Express Web Connect connection method, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
This discussion has been closed.