Trouble adding new account with United Wholesale Mortgage

United Wholesale Mortgage is listed as a bank in the dialogue to add a mortgage account, but it doesn't seem to connect to UWM properly. Every time I try, it says my username or password is incorrect. FWIW, I access my mortgage with this URL:
https://uwm.loanadministration.com/

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    Seems like this issue (or a similar one) has come up in the past.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a bank or mortgage company makes changes to their website without notifying Intuit of these changes well in advance of the implementation date, you will get into this situation. It's the bank that must initiate the change request. There's nothing the Quicken Community can do.

Just my 2cents' worth ... I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading.  (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here which should be treated like credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

This discussion has been closed.