Error after restoring data to re-downloaded Q on Mac

sanmurx
sanmurx Quicken Mac Other Member
My MacBook Pro Catalina was wiped clean due to a problem, so I re-downloaded Quicken Premier 6.5.1 & restored data I had backed up to thumb drive. Data all seemed correct. When I tried to update all accounts (banks and credit cards) I got an error message - "Only the latest version of a file can use Quicken Cloud. This is an older copy of a file that is using Q Cloud. You can't use connected services with this file unless you reset Q Cloud using data from this file.Resetting will require you to re-setup any accounts connected for download." Then it asks if I want to reset Quicken Cloud.
I don't really know what any of this means and what will happen if I do Reset. Will I lose my data? Will I have to re-enter a bunch of stuff? Will it delete all the info about all my accounts? Do I have any choice?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Quicken Mac Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    sanmurx said:
    My MacBook Pro Catalina was wiped clean due to a problem, so I re-downloaded Quicken Premier 6.5.1 & restored data I had backed up to thumb drive. Data all seemed correct. When I tried to update all accounts (banks and credit cards) I got an error message - "Only the latest version of a file can use Quicken Cloud. This is an older copy of a file that is using Q Cloud. You can't use connected services with this file unless you reset Q Cloud using data from this file.Resetting will require you to re-setup any accounts connected for download." Then it asks if I want to reset Quicken Cloud.
    I don't really know what any of this means and what will happen if I do Reset. Will I lose my data? Will I have to re-enter a bunch of stuff? Will it delete all the info about all my accounts? Do I have any choice?
    Hello @sanmurx,   

I am sorry to hear that you experienced this problem, and I thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community for further clarification and discussion.

Before I answer your question, I want to make sure: where is the data file you had saved to the thumb drive currently being stored? Would you be able to create a copy somewhere on your device?

I look forward to your response and hope to continue working with you on this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• sanmurx
    sanmurx Quicken Mac Other Member
    Thanks. I'll try this.
This discussion has been closed.