Error after restoring data to re-downloaded Q on Mac

sanmurx
sanmurx Member
My MacBook Pro Catalina was wiped clean due to a problem, so I re-downloaded Quicken Premier 6.5.1 & restored data I had backed up to thumb drive. Data all seemed correct. When I tried to update all accounts (banks and credit cards) I got an error message - "Only the latest version of a file can use Quicken Cloud. This is an older copy of a file that is using Q Cloud. You can't use connected services with this file unless you reset Q Cloud using data from this file.Resetting will require you to re-setup any accounts connected for download." Then it asks if I want to reset Quicken Cloud.
I don't really know what any of this means and what will happen if I do Reset. Will I lose my data? Will I have to re-enter a bunch of stuff? Will it delete all the info about all my accounts? Do I have any choice?

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You can do the cloud reset. What's happening is that Quicken is seeing the restored file as older than the last file that connected. As long as the data in this restored file is correct and up to date, doing a reset will force this data to overwrite that in the cloud and everything will be back in sync. The only issue that you may experience is download of a few duplicate transactions such as in cases where you deleted a downloaded transaction and replaced it with a manually created one.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    Of course, always create a backup first. Then you are sure to be able to revert to where you were should anything go wrong.

If you can't open the file, you can always make a backup by going to the Finder and making a compressed (zip) copy there.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    sanmurx said:
    My MacBook Pro Catalina was wiped clean due to a problem, so I re-downloaded Quicken Premier 6.5.1 & restored data I had backed up to thumb drive. Data all seemed correct. When I tried to update all accounts (banks and credit cards) I got an error message - "Only the latest version of a file can use Quicken Cloud. This is an older copy of a file that is using Q Cloud. You can't use connected services with this file unless you reset Q Cloud using data from this file.Resetting will require you to re-setup any accounts connected for download." Then it asks if I want to reset Quicken Cloud.
    I don't really know what any of this means and what will happen if I do Reset. Will I lose my data? Will I have to re-enter a bunch of stuff? Will it delete all the info about all my accounts? Do I have any choice?
    Hello @sanmurx,   

I am sorry to hear that you experienced this problem, and I thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community for further clarification and discussion.

Before I answer your question, I want to make sure: where is the data file you had saved to the thumb drive currently being stored? Would you be able to create a copy somewhere on your device?

I look forward to your response and hope to continue working with you on this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• RickO
    Answer ✓
    You can do the cloud reset. What's happening is that Quicken is seeing the restored file as older than the last file that connected. As long as the data in this restored file is correct and up to date, doing a reset will force this data to overwrite that in the cloud and everything will be back in sync. The only issue that you may experience is download of a few duplicate transactions such as in cases where you deleted a downloaded transaction and replaced it with a manually created one.
  • sanmurx
    sanmurx Member
    Thanks. I'll try this.
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    Of course, always create a backup first. Then you are sure to be able to revert to where you were should anything go wrong.

If you can't open the file, you can always make a backup by going to the Finder and making a compressed (zip) copy there.
This discussion has been closed.