Investment Account Market Securities Value not matching Holdings Value

rugged
rugged Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
This problem is frustrating and I can't trace it to any placeholder transactions or anything else. My investment account balance (when viewed from the main screen) is substantially lower ($10k) than my online brokerage account. So to reconcile, I've gone to the holdings view in Quicken for that account and the holdings view is exactly matching in shares and value to my brokerage account.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you are referring the balances in the Accounts bar, normally on the left side of your screen. This can show either the current balance of your accounts, or the "Ending balance," which includes future-dated transactions.

To change this setting, click on the gear at the top right of the Accounts Bar and make sure Current Balance is selected. This should make the balances agree with your Holdings view.

QWin Premier subscription
  • rugged
    rugged Member ✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > I assume you are referring the balances in the Accounts bar, normally on the left side of your screen. This can show either the current balance of your accounts, or the "Ending balance," which includes future-dated transactions.
    >
    > To change this setting, click on the gear at the top right of the Accounts Bar and make sure Current Balance is selected. This should make the balances agree with your Holdings view.

Yes, I am referring to the balance in the Accounts Bar. It is widely different from the balance that is correct. When I 'drill down' and look at the balances in the "account overview/Holding" the balance matches what I expect from my online brokerage balance. Toggling ending vs current balance only adjusts a few dollars whereas my discrepancy is significant. Also, I have no hidden placeholder transactions viewable.

any other thoughts?
  • rugged
    rugged Member ✭✭
    any suggestions?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you edit the account details for the problem account is it set to Show cash in a Checking Account?

This creates two accounts in the Accounts bar, an investing account for the securities and a linked checking account for the cash. The sum of these should add up to the total market value shown in the Holdings view.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • rugged
    rugged Member ✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > If you edit the account details for the problem account is it set to Show cash in a Checking Account?
    >
    > This creates two accounts in the Accounts bar, an investing account for the securities and a linked checking account for the cash. The sum of these should add up to the total market value shown in the Holdings view.

Hi, I tried that but this brokerage account has about $1.25 in cash and isn't the issue. I just can't figure out why there is a market value/securities discrepancy that is so large and then the holdings view is correct.
This discussion has been closed.