How do you enter a CD/Annuity account into Q? [Edited]

Options
EEProf
EEProf Member ✭✭
I just bought a 3-year annuity, which is basically a CD, and see no way to enter into Q other than as a cash account that I have to manually update. All suggestions appreciated.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is that annuity held?  Does that financial institution provided downloads into Q?
    What does the annuity hold? Do you see just the value ... or the individual holdings?
    What are the tax ramifications of this annuity, for monies in and out?
    And, I'd probably hold it in an investment account rather than a cash account ... because there is no way to download into a cash account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• EEProf
    EEProf Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK, I figured it out. I still think that Q should have an 'Annuity/CD' account option.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EEProf said:
    OK, I figured it out. I still think that Q should have an 'Annuity/CD' account option.
    Hello @EEProf

Thanks again for reaching out to the Quicken Community for further discussion and support, and I am very pleased to hear that you seem to have uncovered the answer to your question.

I want to note that you can submit suggestions for new and desirable product features for Quicken in the form of an Idea discussion. These ideas are then voted on by the user base and, after the results have been tallied, they are then passed off to the development team for consideration. You can view the Idea posts of others, as well as submit your own, in the thread category linked below:

https://community.quicken.com/categories/product-ideas-quicken-for-mac

Feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community anytime with additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.