BB&T account with direct connect no longer works

I keep getting the OL-292-B error, finally reached out to the BB&T bank. the bank had me deactivate the account. Once deactivated, I was not able in a Quicken Windows Subscription version to reactivate the account for direct connect. It defaulted to WebExpressConnect. Stuck on how to proceed with Truist, the new bank. They had no idea and are planning to reach out to Quicken for support. Windows Subscription version does not allow to setup existing deactivated account with Direct Connect, no where to specify it. your help is appreciated.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I suggest that you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution name field on the General tab.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and cleared the financial institution name field,  select Tools > Add Account...., enter the name of the financial institution, and select Advanced Options, choose Direct Connect, and select Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained at the financial institution and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers.

Unfortunately, Truist Bank has chosen to only support the unreliable Express Web Connect connection method.
  • I'm having the same issue!!! I've been trying to get into my accounts all day and I thought I was going crazy. It will not even let me refresh the institution (as suggested in Quicken Help).
  • OK - I did not deactivate my accounts (Like M Musso or Sherlock did) but went in a searched for Truist as the financial institution. It let me connect and I found my accounts and was able to download!!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: NEW 2/23/22 Truist Bank - Missing Direct Connect Option
This discussion has been closed.