Why does Quicken export all transactions to MS Excel, despite filtering for specific?

Options
I only want to export the transactions I've filtered.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    My WAG is you're attempting to filter transactions in a register and selecting Export to Excel Worksheet (.xslx) in the Actions pull-down menu.  If so, all the Actions apply to the register not the view of the register.  I suggest you use a customized Register report:  select More reports > Register Reports in the Actions pull-down menu and press Alt + C to set the desired filtering and, when you're ready, press Alt + E and select Export to Excel Worksheet (.xslx).
  • TimeVampire
    TimeVampire Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks, I’ll try that.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    My WAG is you're attempting to filter transactions in a register and selecting Export to Excel Worksheet (.xslx) in the Actions pull-down menu.  If so, all the Actions apply to the register not the view of the register.  I suggest you use a customized Register report:  select More reports > Register Reports in the Actions pull-down menu and press Alt + C to set the desired filtering and, when you're ready, press Alt + E and select Export to Excel Worksheet (.xslx).
  • TimeVampire
    TimeVampire Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks, I’ll try that.
  • TimeVampire
    TimeVampire Member ✭✭
    Options
    Anyways, as you suggest, i can filter all those transactions out in the report writer or export and filter later in Excel, i was just hoping to print out filter results on the fly.
This discussion has been closed.