Hovering over a truncated value in register fails to display complete value

Options
lhossus
lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
Holding your mouse pointer (aka Hovering) over a value ending in an ellipsis (...) should produce an overlay displaying the full value.

Quicken for Mac v6.5.3 fails to produce this overlay.

I tested this for several columns: Account, Entered, Modified, Match Status, Payee, Category, Memo/Notes.

Notes:
- Hovering over values in Entered or Modified columns (Dates) should produce a display of Date and Time.
- Hovering over Category values - when Preference is set to "Display Short Names" - should produce a display of the complete Long Name string.
- If an account register is Opened in New Window, this Hovering function works as expected. It is only in the main Quicken window that Hovering fails.
- Hovering worked as expected in v6.4.5 and v6.5.1

Anyone able to confirm this (lack of) behavior?
Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    No, I'm not seeing this. I'm seeing all the details come up when I hover over each of these values. It takes a second for the pop-up to appear, but it does appear for each of the dates, for amounts, for categories. It behaves identically in 6.5.1 beta and 6.5.3 production releases for me. I'm testing this on Mojave.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs Thanks for checking this out.

Turns out, it is a new day and the problem is gone. My only guess is that quitting Quicken at the end of the day and then launching it again this morning has cleaned out whatever got stuck in the gears.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.