Reconciliation

Options
bjmwalsh
bjmwalsh Member
I am having a terrible time with Mac's reconciliation feature. Mac 2007 was so easy! First: I have looked everywhere and cannot find a column with a "c" or an "R". Second, I want to be able to undo a reconciliation that I did by mistake (once I can find the items that have been selected as reconciled) and do not know how to do that. Third, I loved the old reconcile window, where I could easily see what I was checking off and what was left and what was a mistake (like a duplicate); and also see how much I was off from the balance I should have. All of that seems to be gone. I can only find a ridiculous window asking for the balance, but nothing for working manually.

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022
    Options
    A green check mark in the "Clr" column in the register indicates a reconciled transaction. If you don't see the Clr column, right click in one of the column headers to bring up the column selection list & check "Clr".

As for seeing the list of transactions you're reconciling, you didn't go far enough. When you select reconcile, you first get a dialog asking for the statement balance & ending date. Enter those, press Next, and you'll get to the screen you're looking for.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @bjmwalsh I reconcile my transactions manually in Quicken Mac, just as I did for many years with Quicken 2007. The current reconcile procedure is nearly identical to Quicken 2007. I think once you make the "Clr" column visible in your registers, it will be a lot clearer to you. When you click on Reconcile, make sure Auto-reconcile is turned off, and that you select the button for Use statement balance. Enter the ending balance from your bank statement and the closing date, click Next, and you'll be in a reconcile window where you can see all your transactions and check them off, just as you did in Quicken 2007.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • bjmwalsh
    bjmwalsh Member
    Options
    Thank Jon and Jacobs; much appreciated
  • bjmwalsh
    bjmwalsh Member
    Options
    I did a reconciliation in which I mistakenly put the wrong ending balance and would like to start over; do I have to unclick each and every green check? Thank you very much
  • jacobs
    Options
    @bjmwalsh In your Reconcilation History screen, click on the reconciliation which has the wrong balance, and click the Re-Reconcile button. This should bring up the Re-Reconcile screen which is similar to the one you see when you start a reconciliation. Here, it shows Reconciliation Summary on the left and Quicken Balance on the right. 

On the left side, to the right of the Ending Balance amount, there's a small pencil icon. Click this icon. It will ask if you're sure you want to change the ending balance; if you click Continue, it will turn the ending balance into an editable value. Enter the correct ending balance, then click Net to go to the main reconcile screen. All your existing reconciled transaction will still have their free check marks. Correct whatever was wrong and finish your reconciliation.
  • msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Does the History Reconciliation Screen exist on the Windows platform ? I am running Windows 10 with Version R37.67, Build 27.1.37.67
  • jacobs
    Options
    @msmith99usa I suggest you post your question in a new question thread in a Quicken Windows category. Most Quicken Windows users won't see your post in this Quicken Mac thread, and I can't help you because I'm a Quicken Mac user only. ;) 
  • msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    thank you
This discussion has been closed.