Quicken will not open. (Q Mac)

Options
TriStar56
TriStar56 Member
I loaded the software, connected to my bank, all went well. When I tried to run the program again, it will not respond and I have to force quit. Uninstalled the app, reinstalled, still won't open. Mac mini M1 macOS 11.6.2.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022
    Options
    The first question I'd ask is where your data file is located. That is, when you first created the data file, did you move it from Quicken's (obscure) location to somewhere like your Documents folder or Dropbox? If so, that could be a problem.

If the answer is no, try launching Quicken sometime when you don't need your computer for awhile and just leave it running. Some new users on Monterey have reported what seems to be the same problem, and several have said Quicken eventually recovers if you leave it running for a while. (After that, it works normally on subsequent relaunches.) I have no idea why this would be, but it can't hurt to try. 

Post back with the answer to the first question, and if you've been able to try the "let it sit and bake" approach. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.