PNC cc-501

Options
Anyone else recently have this problem with PNC and Quicken. I started receiving this error this week. The error message says not to contact PNC that they can't fix it.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been getting quite a few CC-50X error codes this week affecting a wide variety of accounts set up for download with Express Web Connect (EWC).  Most of them have been CC-502 but there have been some CC-501, as well.  EWC CC-XXX connection issues are usually things that the financial institution cannot fix and that Quicken needs to get involved with if the problem persists for more than a couple of days.  But in the case of CC-50X error codes that come up, running Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now) will often resolve the issue.  Have you tried that?
    Also, I bank with PNC but I long ago stopped downloading via EWC because of all the connection and downloading issues.  If you have a Virtual Wallet account(s) you might want to consider upgrading your connection method to Direct Connect (DC).  You will need to contact PNC to request DC connection login info (it is different from the normal online account login info) and then use the PNC Bank - Direct Connect set up link.  DC runs much more quickly than EWC and is much more reliable...and it doesn't cost anything (unless yours is a business account in which case the PNC fee is $2.00/month).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Jerry Reilly
    Jerry Reilly Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, I had upgraded my virtual wallet with DC. Which is why it was puzzling that I started getting these types of errors. I tried the first of your suggestions initially with no success. What I ended up doing is using Tools - new account and relinked to my virtual wallet accounts that seemed to correct things and I am no longer receiving the errors
  • Jerry Reilly
    Jerry Reilly Member ✭✭
    Options
    I take my last comment back. Even after relinking my accounts this afternoon, I am again receiving CC-501 errors.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you already have the DC login/PW received from PNC?
    If you had successfully upgraded the connection method to DC then you should not be receiving any CC error codes since they do not apply to DC connections.  At the top left of the account register just below the account name, what connection method does it show you are set up with?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.