13»

Comments

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @slexpress

Thank you.  Allow me to address the following from your input:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SWGXX, on the other hand, is not being treated the way Schwab treats it - CASH. Quicken downloads the SWGXX buys and sells like it is a security also, instead of ignoring them. Therefore, I delete the buy/sell transactions for SWGXX to keep my cash balance in my brokerage accounts in Quicken matching my balance with Schwab. Additionally, any dividend you receive for SWGXX Quicken picks up the transaction as a dividend but as $0 because Schwab reflects that in their transactions as a net share increase rather than a dividend with a dollar amount and then a buy of shares.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In my opinion, you're absolutely correct and that's my "new normal." I "Accept" the transaction with SWGXX and then simply do an edit that reflects the cash balance in my Schwab account.

More importantly, it's reassuring when I find another community member going through exactly the same issue I'm encountering.  Basically, Quicken has not figured out how to handle the cash sweeps with respect to SWGXX.
  • slexpress
    slexpress Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @artg

It is very disappointing Quicken hasn’t been able to figure out how to handle SWGXX cash sweeps in nearly four months.
  • DavidFarquhar
    Options
    About OSU in general:
    Im still in a learning process so here's my 2 cents worth. I gave up on osu and now I download qfx and import. Found some transactions missing from my Chase checking update last week. I took a look at the qfx file using notepad as xml editor. The missing transactions are right there in the qfx. Strange that there are about 6 transactions in the middle of the transaction list that didn't make it into quicken.
  • hcrow2
    hcrow2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just 3/4/22 went through another hours long session with Schwab going through the prescribed steps on the quicken website trying to figure out which of the two are responsible. Schwab says it has done all it can, the problem is Quicken. The data down-load to update accounts is non-functional and has been since mid November. So far, 5 calls with Quicken Help for a total of about 14 hours always results in a "we are sorry call back later" call termination.
    Sad situation. Now Quicken wants me to renew my subscription, REALLY? why not offer a credit for total time your service has and will be non-functional and some acknowledgement you are working diligently to solve the problem and promise not to abandon your Schwab customers.
  • dash9gp9
    dash9gp9 Member ✭✭
    Options
    We are having problems with Schwab today March 13, 2022. One account lost several stocks. Schwab said we had so many shares, quicken did not think we had that amount of shares and wanted to know if we should do a placeholder, or ignore. It is a mess. Our account balances with schwab are off in another account. We do too many transactions to do them by hand.
This discussion has been closed.