Has Schwab been resolved? [Edited]

Options

Comments

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Still hope to get answers...  

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @retird

Good morning.  I think the best answer you'll get you've already received.  That answer was from us (your fellow users) yesterday.  Yesterday's dialogue (in this thread) was a wonderful opportunity for a Quicken representative to step in and provide you (us) no less than an update.  The silence by Quicken was deafening.  
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @artg
    After over 20 years with Quicken even though Quicken is silent the silence speaks volumes.... 

Well I will just Alpha/beta test the R38.29 on one of my computers. Will get my own answers. The second computer will still be using R37.62 and Schwab is working on it also.  So hopefully R38.29 won't crash Quicken/Schwab but will report back in a few days....  

Side note: I alpha/beta test new electronic devices for a company that ships worldwide and have for 10 years+. Hardware, firmware, and software is alpha and beta tested and never has such an event occured as seen here. Alpha catches the big issues, beta catches the small issues and anytime a new firmware or software update is to be released it also is alpha/beta tested before release. And even when alpha/beta of updates is done a forum exists and consumers that want to can also take the soon to be released update for a "spin" if they want and the company engineers both, hardware and software interact with them just as they do with us alpha/beta testers. Even the CEO communicates with everybody. 

And yep, I volunteer my services and get zero pay...  as do all the alpha/beta testers..

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @retird

Good morning again.  As I stated yesterday, I'm not a techie (which apparently you are) and therefore, I defer to your skillset.  I think I'm what the industry calls a Power-user.  When it comes to applications like Quicken (and formerly MS Money) and MS Excel I believe I sure get my money's worth at least. 

That brings us back to our issue.  I think since about 18 November 2021 I've been a Beta tester for Quicken.  I sure didn't sign up to be one but there I was...along with a lot of other users with Schwab accounts.  Frankly, I think we've done quite well as Beta testers...whether we liked it or not.

So, the answer to your question is essentially: No, the beta test is not over yet.      
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Installed R38.29 on one computer and did an OSU. Wasn't expecting any Schwab transactions but numerous bank transactions. All Bank Accounts updated and Schwab Online auto update worked.  No Tranactions were expected or received.  Will know more in a few days.  

Interesting to see a new popup about a new update and wanting me to install it.... no thanks not yet.  Here is the popup... talks about Turbo Tax and etc.???  

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Noted somethig interesting.  Usually when a new post is posted to a discussion the discussion moves up to the top of the discussions on Page 1 where all can see.  This discussion stopped doing that and is now on page 3 and going down further even with new posts.  I am a Moderator on 2 international forums and am aware of moderator tools.  Not a big deal.....  

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @retird

I noticed the same thing with respect to new postings in this thread.  I wonder...could you have struck a nerve with your (fair) question?  Further, I think the postings on this thread have been pretty thoughtful.  In other words, we're all trying to have a very serious dialogue about this subject.  By the way, I have no knowledge of moderator tools.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This forum software is “strange” I wouldn’t read anything in the behavior you are seeing in it.

Now I try one more time on trying to explain why the Quicken moderators aren’t answering.

Whenever a user asks the moderators to “answer for Quicken Inc” they have already gone into a category that is unlikely to be answered.  The moderators aren’t Quicken Inc spokespersons.  They are moderators of this forum.  Neither the moderators or Quicken support are authorized to speak as “Quicken Inc”.  In very rare cases the people in charge might direct them to post something stating some policy or such, but they certainly can’t do it on their own.

Second, whenever you ask a question that is basically unanswerable, you shouldn’t expect one.
    You asked if you install the latest patch if you will have problems.  No one can answer that.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As stated early in my Discussion...." was hoping to hear from somebody from Quicken...."  I did not say Moderaror or support, I said Quicken....

And silence from the COMPANY QUICKEN  speaks volumes....  

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    retird said:As stated early in my Discussion...." was hoping to hear from somebody from Quicken...."  I did not say Moderaror or support, I said Quicken....
    And silence from the COMPANY QUICKEN  speaks volumes....  
    give it a rest already - it's a USER Help Forum - not a soapbox -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    OK give us USERS  help ...a lot of folks asking for help with Schwab..... not even a situation update since December 28, 2021.  Now I REST and continue my alpha/beta test of R38.29 (and R38.30).... Will post my results as the testing continues.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did an OSU (R38.30).  Many Other Bank Financial Institutions Accounts downloadig transactions correctly. Schwab Bank Interest deposit downloaded the transaction correctly.  No other transactions occured at Schwab so no transactions downloaded.

The Holdings "Show" Drop Down Box now again has the proper number of choices to select from. Went missing and now back with R38.30.

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @retird

Good morning.  Did my first OSU about 1.5 hours ago with R38.30.  Three of my four investment accounts had their respective dividend from SWGXX (Schwab Govt. Money Fund.) All three downloaded with ZERO dividends which was INCORRECT.  I accepted all three downloads, I then went back and edited all three with the correct amount.  The cash amount of my accounts match perfectly with the accounts on the Schwab website.  I'm not upset, angry nor even frustrated...that's a shining example of the new normal.    
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @artg, thx for the info.... will monitor for my dividends... they have been coming in correctly with R.37.62 so will see how they arrive in R38.30.  But the new normal shouldn't be normal...lol...

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @retird

The "cash" in my three accounts pay on (or about) the 15th of every month so that's why I can give an assessment this morning.

Speaking of the cash in those three accounts here's a thread you might considering taking a look at:

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another Schwab Issue: SWVXX is a SECURITY, it is NOT CASH [Edited]

++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think you'll, at the very least, find the issue interesting.

As for my contributions to your thread...I chose the term "new normal" very carefully.  You're correct, the new normal shouldn't be normal...unfortunately that's exactly what it is given I don't have confidence in what I'm downloading with OSU.   
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @artg
    Can you give me a link to that Discussion?  I have 26 bookmarks (mostly Schwab Discussions) that I'm following but that one is not bookmarked.... THX

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @retird

I can certainly try:

++++++++++++++++++++++

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904263/

++++++++++++++++++++++

Would you let me please know if that worked?

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THX... bookmarked..

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @retird

Fantastic!  Given your skillset/experience I'd sure like to see your thoughts by joining that thread.  That thread started in December and I joined it 1 January 2022.  I think the last posting was 6 February, but nothing has been resolved with respect to SWGXX and Cash Sweeps.  

(By the way, I fully understand if you're just going to monitor this thread given you're already involved in 26 others.) 
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @artg
    I will keep up with that Discussion too and may join if it gets active.  I have been talking with Schwab for a while now about conflicts between Schwab data and Quicken transactions matching.  They appreciate the information.   I also have recently been in touch with Intuit on a Quicken issue that hasn't been resolved after 18 months now. They took logs and etc. and passes it up to their Escalation Team. Explained to them that the bank says it's a Quicken issue and Quicken says it is a Bank issue so after 18 months, and 30 hours (typo corrected) of phone calls with the bank and Quicken, it's still is not fixed. Intuit usually will not get involved as they don't own Quicken. Intuit is the 3rd link in the chain. Bank thru Intuit to Quicken with EWC and EWC+.

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @retird

Thank you.  FYI...since 18 November 2021 I've not spoken with anyone at Quicken.  My "help desk" is this community.  I have a tremendous level of confidence in my fellow users (like you), and they've not let me down in the last three months.  Basically, I've converted my Schwab accounts from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect+ based on instructions, coaching and guidance I've followed from this community. 

How's that for a definition of a help desk. 
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @artg

There are a lot of users that are helpful, yes, but no major issue is resolved by users. Quicken has to fix them (or see that they get fixed).  It's good that the Community gets "workarounds" to try.   I appreciate the help of users here too.  What I don't appreciate on the forums I moderate is the "super-plus users-expert users" that always place blame on someone else, even the users..  The forums I moderate have a "friendly name" for them... Fanboys...  

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @artg

Quicken Anja posted this Feb. 3... I assume this came from Quicken as it was an "Announcement"...

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907735/swvxx-value-advantage-money-market-fund-and-swgxx-schwab-government-money-fund#latest

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @retird

Good morning.  I saw that and thank you.  Unfortunately, I'm not deactivating and reactivating accounts unless it's an emergency...that was a nightmare three months ago.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @artg
    The way I read it Quicken basically said the way you get the data was changed and you are getting it in the new format as cash. I don't have these funds so defer to you...

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @retird

Agree but this is part of my "new normal" in terms of editing Cash Sweeps. It's basically added a few extra minutes to my updates when I have those types of transactions.  In other words, no big deal in making a couple/few minor edits.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK...  got it....  

• Steven Green
    Steven Green Member ✭✭
    Options
    R38.30 broke what had been fixed re Schwab downloads. FINALLY OSU had been working on two data files, 5 Schwab brokerage accounts in one, 2 in the other. Then I updated to R38.30 and now both OSU and even Online Center updates do not download transactions that occurred yesterday. Will try to go back to an earlier patch.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Steven Green THX for the info...One of my computers is running R38.30 for testing against R37.62 on the other computer.... will coninue to monitor Schwab transactions on both...

• slexpress
    slexpress Member ✭✭
    Options
    I posted the following response on another thread. This is how it works for me. After I deactivated and reactivated using R38.29, all eight of my Schwab accounts (6 brokerage, a savings and a checking) downloaded with OSU and have been working. A couple of days ago I upgraded to R38.30 and OSU still downloads transactions the same.

“I have SWGXX in all my brokerage accounts and Schwab reports the balance as cash. I have SWVXX in one of my accounts being treated by Schwab as a security. Last week I deactivated and reactivated all my Schwab accounts after I read the post you referred to. When I did an update I was asked by the Quicken program if I wanted to treat SWVXX as cash or a security. I chose security because that is how Schwab is treating it in my account reporting. I was not presented with any choice about SWGXX. So far SWVXX seems to be working the way it works in my account. Dividends are added to my brokerage account (I don’t reinvest the dividends) and the value is reported in Quicken under the investing tab correctly. I haven’t done any buys or sells of SWVXX at Schwab to see if those are handled correctly by Quicken. SWGXX, on the other hand, is not being treated the way Schwab treats it - CASH. Quicken downloads the SWGXX buys and sells like it is a security also, instead of ignoring them. Therefore, I delete the buy/sell transactions for SWGXX to keep my cash balance in my brokerage accounts in Quicken matching my balance with Schwab. Additionally, any dividend you receive for SWGXX Quicken picks up the transaction as a dividend but as $0 because Schwab reflects that in their transactions as a net share increase rather than a dividend with a dollar amount and then a buy of shares.”
This discussion has been closed.