What is the maximum number of characters permitted for Customer ID in Account Details.

I just changed my Customer ID on Account Details and now I'm unable to download, even though I can sign onto the financial account with this ID. I'm wondering if the Customer ID is too long (currently 16 characters - no special characters). What is the max number of characters permitted? Thanks....

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    According the OFX standards that Quicken goes by it can be up to 32 characters.

I just tried setting up connecting to my PayPal account which using the email address as the user Id and it worked fine.  It is 23 characters long and has the @ sign in it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don Click said:
    I just changed my Customer ID on Account Details and now I'm unable to download, even though I can sign onto the financial account with this ID. I'm wondering if the Customer ID is too long (currently 16 characters - no special characters). What is the max number of characters permitted? Thanks....

Sorry, but you can't change your Customer ID, in Account Details. It is stored on the Web. To change your Customer ID, you need to Deactivate Online Services for the Register. Then SET Up Now, in order to change it. Otherwise you won't be receiving any transactions.

The Customer ID, can be your Email Address, or the User name, used to log into your Account on the Web.

Questions?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Don Click
    Don Click Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the info, that appears to have worked. However, I have 3 accounts at this one institution and I had to do it for each, one at a time. It didn't recognize/list the other accounts in the drop-down for "Link To Existing Account". This still seems a lot more difficult than it should be. There was nothing to download for any of these accounts, but I noticed on each that the Customer ID on the Accounts window has the correct ID and it is not editable.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did somebody forget to mention that, in order to change a bank's customer ID, you need to deactivate all accounts with this bank BEFORE you can reactivate the accounts again?
    Using Tools / Add Account you will be given the opportunity to LINK each of the bank's accounts to your existing registers ... but that only works correctly if ALL accounts with this bank have been deactivated first.
  • Don Click
    Don Click Member ✭✭
    Actually, what I did worked. Individually, I deactivated each of the 3 accounts, reactivate individually, and went through Set Up Now for each individually. Today, all accounts downloaded transactions. I think your suggestion to deactivate all accounts then do the Set Up Now would have been easier. I think this explains why I couldn't link to the other accounts because they were still active.
This discussion has been closed.