Importing a .CSV File

Options
I've used Quicken in the past but have been using YNAB for a couple of years now. I've decided to go back to using Quicken Home and Business because it has support for my puppy breeding business. I've exported my accounts from YNAB to CSV files. I'm getting the error that I can only import Mint CSV files. Isn't there a template available that would show me how to edit my CSV file so it WILL import? There must be something available, right? Oh Please. Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Julie King Please read through this thread about formatting a CSV file to match Mint's export format; there are some examples near the end that should get you what you need. Also mentioned is a third-party program (newer version of which is here) which can convert CSV files into various formats, including QFX for import into Quicken.

But we should focus on the issue Greg mentioned above: your post here and your profile indicate you are using Quicken Mac, but there is no Home & Business version of Quicken Mac. Quicken doesn't make this clear in all places, so it's possible you purchased a Home & Business subscription to Quicken, which enables to you to download and use both Windows and Mac versions of the software. Unfortunately, the Mac version doesn't have the Home & Business features you may be looking for for you business. (You can see the differences on this features comparison chart, where Home & Business is denoted as Windows-only.) If you don't need the integrated ability to generate and email invoices, you might find the Mac version can handle the revenue and expense functions you need.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm assuming since you stated you're using Quicken H&B that you're using the Windows version. You can use ImportQIF ti import .CSV files.

QuicknPerlWiz - Use ImportQIF to import transactions into Quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Julie King Please read through this thread about formatting a CSV file to match Mint's export format; there are some examples near the end that should get you what you need. Also mentioned is a third-party program (newer version of which is here) which can convert CSV files into various formats, including QFX for import into Quicken.

But we should focus on the issue Greg mentioned above: your post here and your profile indicate you are using Quicken Mac, but there is no Home & Business version of Quicken Mac. Quicken doesn't make this clear in all places, so it's possible you purchased a Home & Business subscription to Quicken, which enables to you to download and use both Windows and Mac versions of the software. Unfortunately, the Mac version doesn't have the Home & Business features you may be looking for for you business. (You can see the differences on this features comparison chart, where Home & Business is denoted as Windows-only.) If you don't need the integrated ability to generate and email invoices, you might find the Mac version can handle the revenue and expense functions you need.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Julie King,

Thank you for contacting the Community with this question. CSV file imports are only supported in Quicken when they have been exported from Mint. Otherwise, they're not compatible and Quicken, unfortunately, does not offer a converter for those files.

I also noticed that you purchased the Quicken Home & Business subscription which is more for Windows-based clients. On a Mac, this subscription would have the same functions as the Premier subscription. I just thought that I would mention this due to the price difference. 

I hope you find this information to be of use, please reach out with any further questions or concerns.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.