2 questions - Reconcile differences

rbuch3
rbuch3 Member ✭✭
#1-I have been a Quicken user for 10+ years. in my early years when doing a reconciliation of an account, if it did not balance I would adjust by the amount of the difference. Now i am retired i have the time to research and correct those errors. Is it possible to go back 5 or 6 years and do another reconciliation of the account?
#2-In my investment account I attempted several years ago to download transactions from my broker. I ended up with several (15-20) entries with a N/A in the transaction amount column and no change to the balance column. I have read up on this and assume these are placeholder entries. As a fool I deleted these notifications from the box below the ledger. I have gone back to make sure all the transaction data is correct, I have deleted the transaction and re-entered, no change. I have continued entering transactions assuming they would catch up eventually and self correct themselves. Nope.
I don't know how to rid myself of these N/A entries.
Any help would be appreciated as I am a stickler for accuracy and would like to have a clean ledger.

Best Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    What type of account is your #1 ?
    On your #2 Investment Account - if you bring up the Register, and click on the upper right "gear" - scroll down and click on the "Reconcile Shares" .... that will show you the differences (if any) between what the Brokerage is sending vs what Quicken has recorded.  However, this is of course based upon either a Paper Statement or an online balance from One Step Update.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    #1 Every transaction from the beginning of the period that you are wanting to re-reconcile up to the newest transaction would have to have the CLR changed to C or blank, no Rs.  then you would need to reconcile each month after that again. 
    You could just look to see if you can find the discrepancy(s) that add up to your adjustment, but that would not be using any of Quicken's reconciliation capabilities.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    What type of account is your #1 ?
    On your #2 Investment Account - if you bring up the Register, and click on the upper right "gear" - scroll down and click on the "Reconcile Shares" .... that will show you the differences (if any) between what the Brokerage is sending vs what Quicken has recorded.  However, this is of course based upon either a Paper Statement or an online balance from One Step Update.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    #1 Every transaction from the beginning of the period that you are wanting to re-reconcile up to the newest transaction would have to have the CLR changed to C or blank, no Rs.  then you would need to reconcile each month after that again. 
    You could just look to see if you can find the discrepancy(s) that add up to your adjustment, but that would not be using any of Quicken's reconciliation capabilities.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.