SEPARATE "AMOUNTS" AND "NOTES" WHEN PRINTING A REPORT

Options
DR.WOLF519
DR.WOLF519 Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I use notes a great deal when I am entering transactions. I also print those notes out.
PROBLEM:
The second last column is AMOUNTSand the last is NOTES.
The AMOUNTS are RIGHT justified and the NOTES are LEFT justified.

This makes:
AMOUNT = $20.00
NOTES = 1 time purchase

LOOK like:
AMOUNTS NOTES
$20.001 time purchase

This is a PROBLEM. This does NOT show up in the preview window, only when you go and print it

I can not even put leading spaces to pad the notes as it truncates any leading spaces.

I MUST put a period before spaces. eg: ". 1 time purchase"

LOOK like:
AMOUNTS NOTES
$20.00. 1 time purchase

Thank you

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I gather from your profile, you're using Canadian Quicken for Windows subscription.

In the US (R36.38), we cannot place the Notes column after Amount column in the Transaction reports.  In fact,  when present, the Amount column must be the last column.

As I recall, when the Notes column was introduced to reports, it was necessary to select Reset Columns to correct the columns used in the reports. 

If the issue persists, I suspect it will be addressed when a Canadian version update picks up the US versions changes.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I gather from your profile, you're using Canadian Quicken for Windows subscription.

In the US (R36.38), we cannot place the Notes column after Amount column in the Transaction reports.  In fact,  when present, the Amount column must be the last column.

As I recall, when the Notes column was introduced to reports, it was necessary to select Reset Columns to correct the columns used in the reports. 

If the issue persists, I suspect it will be addressed when a Canadian version update picks up the US versions changes.
  • DR.WOLF519
    DR.WOLF519 Member ✭✭
    Options
    OMG.... THANK YOU SO MUCH.... IT DID THE TRICK!!!
This discussion has been closed.