Printing quicken register to excel file

In Jan @NotACPA gave me a great answer for creating excel file (open the register; select print function; export to; tab delimited option). This worked when I did this in January, but for some reason when I try it now, I get "no items match your search". I don't know what I am doing wrong. can someone steer me in the right direction (If I actually print, selecting just the first page for a test, it works.)
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @BarryDaniel,

If you want to have your register in Excel file format, why don't you simply use the "Export to Excel Workbook (.xlsx)" from the register.  There's no longer a need to "print", "tab Delimited", etc. , etc.

Here's a Snip of the menu selection in the register:

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @BarryDaniel,

If you want to have your register in Excel file format, why don't you simply use the "Export to Excel Workbook (.xlsx)" from the register.  There's no longer a need to "print", "tab Delimited", etc. , etc.

Here's a Snip of the menu selection in the register:

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Thanks Frankx. couldn't get to "export to excelworkbook" have "home, business and rental" version R38.30
  • I jumped to soon Frankx....found the "export to excelworkbook"...I tried to highlight just one year, but it exported the whole file, several years worth. But I can live with that! Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.