Marcus Goldman Sachs

Options

Answers

• Lee R
    Lee R Member ✭✭
    Options
    I sent an email to the two contacts in the link that Pharmer Jim left and hopefully if enough send them a comment it will get noticed!
  • Jay
    Jay Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    A few posts back there is a link to a marketing announcement with Email contacts. (Thanks, Jim.) I urge you to sent an email to these folks: [Removed - Emails]  Be nice but let them hear your frustration. The Marcus website is by far the worst of all the banking sites I have used.
    I received a prompt reply from GS. GS is planning to add Quicken downloads but cannot say when. (This is a prayer, not a schedule.) I asked them if I could receive a buyout of my credits so I could buy a Toyota. I was told I could apply my credits as a statement credit. Consider this as a future option if it provides full value.
  • MRL_Q
    MRL_Q Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I'll be spending just enough to leverage my credits then I am out. [Removed - Disruptive] Too many other, better frankly, options out there. Thanks Goldman for giving me the push to look elsewhere.
  • spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Can add my Marcus CD savings accounts, but Quicken doesn't see my Marcus (formerly Capital One GM Card) credit card account which has the same login credentials.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can add my Marcus CD savings accounts, but Quicken doesn't see my Marcus (formerly Capital One GM Card) credit card account which has the same login credentials.
    If you read through this thread you will see that no one is able to download the GM Card and that the reason for this is that Marcus Goldman Sachs does not support Quicken with that card.  Unless and until MGS supports Quicken for that card you will not be able to connect to it with Quicken.
    If you can manually download the credit card transactions from your online account in QIF, Excel, CSV or OFX formats you might be able to modify the files so it can then be manually imported into Quicken.  To do this you might want to consider downloading and installing ImportQIF from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/ImportQIF is a freeware program developed by a longtime Quicken user and very active participant in this Community forum.  I have not used the program but others have said it works well.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• MRL_Q
    MRL_Q Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > ... If you can manually download the credit card transactions from your online account in QIF, Excel, CSV or OFX formats you might be able to modify the files so it can then be manually imported into Quicken.  To do this you might want to consider downloading and installing ImportQIF from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/.  ImportQIF is a freeware program developed by a longtime Quicken user and very active participant in this Community forum.  I have not used the program but others have said it works well.

No offense but are you really going to jump thru those hoops to get this half way automated? Doesn't work for me since this card was my primary transaction vehicle. Since have moved to Amex and Discover as primary.
  • jshiepe
    jshiepe Member
    Options
    Having the same issues after my GM card with Capital One was switched to MGS. Also have the ongoing issue with my other remaining account with Capital One.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    MRL_Q said:
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > ... If you can manually download the credit card transactions from your online account in QIF, Excel, CSV or OFX formats you might be able to modify the files so it can then be manually imported into Quicken.  To do this you might want to consider downloading and installing ImportQIF from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/.  ImportQIF is a freeware program developed by a longtime Quicken user and very active participant in this Community forum.  I have not used the program but others have said it works well.

No offense but are you really going to jump thru those hoops to get this half way automated? Doesn't work for me since this card was my primary transaction vehicle. Since have moved to Amex and Discover as primary.
    I never said anything about automation.  It is simply a workaround option for use with companies that do not support Quicken for one or more of their account types...and one which some Quicken users find to be more palatable than the alternatives.
    The alternatives are to manually enter the transactions or to forget about including the account in your Quicken file. 
    There are no other options unless and until MGS decides to support Quicken for this credit card. 
    Whichever option you decide to go with is your decision to make.

• MRL_Q
    MRL_Q Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for allowing me the opportunity. Appreciate you providing an alternative method of data entry.
  • rtt_46410
    rtt_46410 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can't find the QIF option on the Marcus GS site.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    rtt_46410 said:
    I can't find the QIF option on the Marcus GS site.
    If you are considering using the ImportQIF workaround solution I mentioned above and if QIF is not one of the offered transaction download formats then check to see if they allow downloads in Excel, CSV or OFX format.
    If they do not allow downloads in any of these formats then your only options are to manually enter the transactions into your account in Quicken or to not include this credit card in Quicken....unless and until MGS sets up Quicken support for it.

• Bill Conyer
    Bill Conyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Add me to the nonuser list. I was one of the first to hold the card, but no more
  • MRL_Q
    MRL_Q Member ✭✭
    Options
    My card arrived today... made it as far as the shredder.
  • Pharmer Jim
    Pharmer Jim Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did find this in the FAQ's on the Marcus site today:

How do I export transaction details into Quicken?
    We don’t currently have integration with Quicken, but are working diligently to bring this functionality to you soon!
  • fay chin
    fay chin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as I have seen , the MGS GM card site does not have a "download transactions" option. Therefore a semi automatic work around is not possible. Years ago I had a similar problem with Vanguard and BMO bank. And this type of work around helped and finally after months the transactions were added by them.
    A Statement credit could be a work around.
    Thanks to all for sharing their information on this issue.
    fkc_Lincolnwood
  • JohnRHornbuckle
    JohnRHornbuckle Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can confirm that Quicken currently is unable to import GM Card transactions from Marcus (Intuit is aware and is supposed to be working on the issue). And unfortunately, Marcus provides no mechanism for downloading transactions to import into Quicken. In other words, right now there's no way to get GM Card transactions into Quicken without hand-entering each one. I've stopped using my GM Card and switched to another card until this is resolved.
  • J_21
    J_21 Member ✭✭
    Options
    My GM card is now in my files for all the reasons given. I would normally cancel it, but I have had it 33 years and it is one of the corner stones of my credit rating. Maybe someday if this Quicken MGS problem gets sorted out, it will come out of hiding.
  • FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Tried again this morning to add the Marcus/GM card to Q'.  Still not working.  
  • Texas Blue Boy
    Texas Blue Boy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I also have STOPPED using my GM Card because of the problem with Quicken. If the problem doesn't get remedied soon, I am considering CANCELLING it.
  • Paul McMillin
    Paul McMillin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Goldman Sachs is one of the world's largest financial institutions. You would think they would know Quicken is the most used personal finance program. They need to fix this, or I will stop using their card. One more vote for that option.....
  • FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I too will cancel.  Also, I'm very confused by the value of their new "points" rewards.  Seems to me you only get $0.004 rather than $0.01 (which is the minimum for every other card I know of) for every dollar spent. 
  • danpm51
    danpm51 Member
    Options
    I have a new MGS MasGM card. I tried to find a path to download my transactions from MGS as I did with Capital One and don't see a path via the normal download. I guess I should just wait it out to see if MGS and Quicken play together.
  • lkrupp
    lkrupp Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    > @JohnRHornbuckle said:
    > I can confirm that Quicken currently is unable to import GM Card transactions from Marcus (Intuit is aware and is supposed to be working on the issue). And unfortunately, Marcus provides no mechanism for downloading transactions to import into Quicken. In other words, right now there's no way to get GM Card transactions into Quicken without hand-entering each one. I've stopped using my GM Card and switched to another card until this is resolved.

Err, umm, how could Intuit be aware of this and working on it when they haven’t owned Quicken since 2016? Intuit sold Quicken to private equity group H.I.G. Capital in 2016. Intuit only develop, sells, and supports Quickbooks these days.
  • bill18163
    bill18163 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don't know how many of the people that have been commenting here on this forum use the accumulated money in their GM Card accounts to help with the purchase of a vehicle but I use mine fairly often. I am not talking about "rewards" money. I am talking about the "allowance" that is available when purchasing a new vehicle. Right now I have about $5000 accumulated in "allowance" money. I am considering the purchase of a vehicle that has an "allowance" of $3000. I used to be able to find the allowance amounts online but when I tried to find the location to research my vehicle I could not find the web site. I had a bookmark for it but it no longer worked. I called GM and asked for the allowance on my vehicle and the person did give me the information. I commented on not being able to find the information online and I was told that you can no longer access it yourself. You have to ask the dealer where you are trying to purchase a vehicle to get that info for you. I remember when this program came out many years ago and when I was in the process of finalizing my purchase price I let the sales person know that I had "allowance" money. The sales person would then get upset because now he or she would have to sell me the vehicle at the negotiated price minus the allowance. Eventually the process became such that they would ask you up front if you had "allowance" money. Of course you would be reluctant to reveal that because they would then "adjust" all the numbers to their benefit. It even got to the point where they would warn you that if you held back that info till the end of negotiations they would not honor the deal. Then on the last two vehicles I purchased the sales person already knew how much money I had and went into my account and applied the "allowance" with no input from me other than asking me to OK it. This, in my opinion makes it counter productive in trying to make a "deal" on a car. They know the "allowance" money up front and and then try to bury it in the numbers. I know this and I do purchase vehicles fairly often so I usually can spot the numbers being manipulated. Since the inception of this program and I did start using it at the beginning, I have used approximately $45000 of "allowance" money to purchase vehicles. GM shows this on a report that I used to be able to see when I could get to it online. No more though. I am venting here! I would guess you can already see that but GM has set this up with the dealers so that people that are less inclined to see the manipulation of the numbers think they are getting a deal on a new car. The dealers should not be aware of the fact that you have this money and you should then be able to have it applied at the end of the negotiation for your new car. After all, it is your money that you have accumulated by faithfully using the GM Card.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2022
    Options
    lkrupp said:
    > @JohnRHornbuckle said:
    > I can confirm that Quicken currently is unable to import GM Card transactions from Marcus (Intuit is aware and is supposed to be working on the issue). And unfortunately, Marcus provides no mechanism for downloading transactions to import into Quicken. In other words, right now there's no way to get GM Card transactions into Quicken without hand-entering each one. I've stopped using my GM Card and switched to another card until this is resolved.

Err, umm, how could Intuit be aware of this and working on it when they haven’t owned Quicken since 2016? Intuit sold Quicken to private equity group H.I.G. Capital in 2016. Intuit only develop, sells, and supports Quickbooks these days.
    Intuit and Quicken still work together.  The QFX format used by Quicken is an Intuit proprietary format.  When companies want to add QFX support for downloads they need to get added to the FIDIR list and Intuit manages/maintains the FIDIR list so, yes, Marcus does need to work with Intuit on this.  The FIDIR list is what controls which companies, connection methods and services show up in Quicken when we do Add Account.  So, that is one way that Intuit is still involved with Quicken.
    Another way that Intuit is still involved with Quicken is as a data aggregator for EWC connection downloads.
    And when there are download connection issues at least some of the time the Quicken team works with Intuit to get resolution of those issues.
    So, while Intuit no longer owns Quicken, there is still a pretty tight and deep business relationship there.

• rtt_46410
    rtt_46410 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also very disgusted with the current situation. I have had my GM card since 94, and have used the points 3 times (9k worth) to purchase new vehicles. Each time I have purchased a new vehicle, they just add the amount as a credit in the transaction. In fact each time the dealer has said how much they love the points because it's guaranteed money (unlike cash or a personal check from a person).

I will still use it, and just manually enter the transactions.

I have been using Quicken or MS Money since 94. I preferred MS Money, but Microsoft decided to cancel it. It was faster, and I never had any data problems (balances off)..

Someday I might move to GNU Cash. I feel much more confident in storing my data in a database than the old file system. Besides, you can't beat the price and for all of the promises of why we pay these subscription fees.

I can also tell you that it doesn't take very long to fix something. The other issues with Capital One should not be longer than a few days, instead of a few weeks. With as much as we pay for support, they should have this fixed ASAP.
  • rtt_46410
    rtt_46410 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @danpm51 said:
    > I have a new MGS MasGM card. I tried to find a path to download my transactions from MGS as I did with Capital One and don't see a path via the normal download. I guess I should just wait it out to see if MGS and Quicken play together.

You won't find one. For whatever reason they don't offer to download your transactions in any format.
  • George1191
    George1191 Member
    Options
    Worst site I have ever experienced, Customer service by phone has extremely long wait times in excess of 1 hour. If I cant download my transactions, I will cancel the account as soon as i cash in my points.
  • J_21
    J_21 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi again. Nothing has changed since my last post except that I did set up text notifications of any MGS GM activity exceeding $0.01 and to be a little onery to have a paper monthly statement mailed. At least I feel like I've got a partial win in that they have to pay postage !!!!!!
  • MRL_Q
    MRL_Q Member ✭✭
    Options
    Even the Apple Card has the ability to create and use a .qfx file... and do it and send from your phone. These guys really muffed this one up.
This discussion has been closed.