Every time Quicken Updates it breaks connection to Citibank
Brian Member ✭
edited March 2022 in Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
For the last year plus, Quicken constantly breaks it's ability to update from Citibank. I'm forced to reset each and every account. Even then,, they all don't always work. I even had to create a new checking account in Quicken to get it to update and lost literally decades of detail. Is there any way to fix this constant issue?
I don't have any Citibank accounts (other than credit cards that I have connected with Direct Connect via the Citi Cards setup link and which works really well) so I'm going to let other(s) comment on that issue.But you also mentioned that you lost decades of detail when you created a new checking account in Quicken. Do you still have the original Quicken account for that checking account in your data file? If so, you should be able to move all the transactions in that original checking account over to the new checking account so there would be no lost data. To do this:
- Backup you file before proceeding.
- In the new checking account, delete the Opening Balance transaction.
- In the old checking account, left click on the Opening Balance transaction. Then scroll down to the most recent transaction in the register and, while holding down the Shift key, left click on that one. All transactions in the register should now be shaded.
- Right click anywhere on the shaded transactions and left click on Move transaction(s).
- Select the new checking account you want the transactions to be moved to from the drop-down menu.
- Click on OK. This will start moving the transactions and any transfers will be updated to reflect this account change.
the move process is completed, check to make sure there are no
remaining transactions in the old checking account register. Move any
that remain there over to the new checking account.
- In the new file, you will probably find that there is an overlap time period of up to 2-3 months (could be more or less than this) where there will be a duplication of transactions. Duplicates will need to be manually deleted.
(QW Premier Subscription: R49.29 on Windows 11)0
This discussion has been closed.