Importing a QFX file has started updating online service

Options
deriter
deriter Member ✭✭✭
I have downloaded transactions from Wells Fargo for years by selecting the "web connect" download option. That generates a QFX file that I open and it automatically imports data to my checking account. Recently, Quicken changed and now when I open the QFX file, I get a dialog box asking if I want to start a new account or link to an existing account. When I select my existing checking account, it activates online services. I don't know why this changed. I don't want to activate online services. Manual downloading has worked fine for years. Is there a setting to prevent Quicken from updating online services automatically?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What exactly does it say for the connection method?
    Right click on the account in the Account bar, select Edit/Delete account and then the Online Services tab.

If it says Web Connect, then it isn't transferring any transactions out of your data file.
    Note that these days Web Connect is considered "online", even though you are just importing a QFX file.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • deriter
    deriter Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > What exactly does it say for the connection method?
    > Right click on the account in the Account bar, select Edit/Delete account and then the Online Services tab.
    >
    > If it says Web Connect, then it isn't transferring any transactions out of your data file.
    > Note that these days Web Connect is considered "online", even though you are just importing a QFX file.

@Chris - Thanks for the help. This morning it behaved differently. After clicking download on the Wells Fargo site then opening the QFX file it created, I switched to Quicken and the transactions were in the "downloaded transactions" area as usual. But now the dialog box that had opened was titled "Activate One Step Update" and gave me the options of "yes" or "no" to activate One Step Update. This makes much more sense than automatically activating One Step Update.
This discussion has been closed.