Truist - Downloaded transactions using wrong balance for reconciling

Options
2»

Comments

• GA_Guy
    GA_Guy Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I *almost never* have no pending transactions, so (like bwiegman) I "Finish" every day, and then go delete the adjustment Quicken creates. Takes five seconds. It's still jacked up, but I hate having to go back and manually change a bunch of c's to R's, one by one!
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I’m having the same problem reported here and in other posts. Has Quicken acknowledged this bug? I haven’t seen an ‘Ongoing’ ‘working on it…’ post for this.
  • johnaclark6
    johnaclark6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Nothing has been done.
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I received a Quicken survey today soliciting interest in a new service that can help your executor and family manage your estate. I basically said: no thanks, I’d rather have Quicken improve the quality and reliability of the current product.
  • Gene in Florida
    Options
    I've been using Quicken for about 30 years. The ability to reliably download transactions and reconcile is getting worse. Extremely frustrating. I want to see an option in Quicken that lets you chose whether or not pending bank transactions get downloaded and if they do then use the balance that INCLUDES the pending transactions for the reconcile process. If pending transactions are NOT downloaded then use the balance that does NOT include them. I was a programmer for 34 years. This is not rocket science. Truist/Quicken need to escalate the issue and fix it.
    Currently using Quicken Deluxe v42.21
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Gene in Florida said:
    > I've been using Quicken for about 30 years. The ability to reliably download transactions and reconcile is getting worse. Extremely frustrating. I want to see an option in Quicken that lets you chose whether or not pending bank transactions get downloaded and if they do then use the balance that INCLUDES the pending transactions for the reconcile process. If pending transactions are NOT downloaded then use the balance that does NOT include them. I was a programmer for 34 years. This is not rocket science. Truist/Quicken need to escalate the issue and fix it.
    > Currently using Quicken Deluxe v42.21

Quicken says that this was fixed in V42.21, and says it gives you complete control over how pending transactions are handled (see screenshot). I downloaded it today, but I can't verify this because I've been using another bank (Capital One, for now) that doesn't have this problem.
  • johnaclark6
    johnaclark6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I got that same message and am using 42.21. I've seen nothing in there on how to manage pending transactions.
  • GA_Guy
    GA_Guy Member ✭✭
    Options
    > Quicken says that this was fixed in V42.21, and says it gives you complete control over how pending transactions are handled (see screenshot). I downloaded it today, but I can't verify this because I've been using another bank (Capital One, for now) that doesn't have this problem.
    >

No, the message says "upcoming changes" will allow management of pending transactions, but you must make sure you're using version 42.21 first or the new version won't work.
  • Sapster
    Sapster Member ✭✭
    Options
    I saw a pop-up about the fix, but couldn't find any changes in V42.21 and the problem persists with Truist. Can't wait! If it does get fixed, its sad Quicken doesn't acknowledge the problem here!
  • Sapster
    Sapster Member ✭✭
    Options
    Guess not fixed in R43.14 either?
  • GA_Guy
    GA_Guy Member ✭✭
    Options
    No. The pop-up mentioned a "future version", not the next version. I'm skeptical about downloading "pending" charges, because those sometimes drop off before posting.
  • johnaclark6
    johnaclark6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    And pending charges are often different once they are posted. Gas stations often show $1 pending charge then the full amount once it's posted.
  • GA_Guy
    GA_Guy Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @johnaclark6 said:
    > And pending charges are often different once they are posted. Gas stations often show $1 pending charge then the full amount once it's posted.

Precisely. I'll have to check out how they implement this. Perhaps we will be able to Accept/Delete pending charges like posted ones, so we'll be able to eliminate the irritating temporary holds before they can screw everything up!
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This problem is still not fixed in R4.26
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @pkeegan said:
    > This problem is still not fixed in R4.26

Correction: This problem is still not fixed in R43.26
  • Stan-Gspeedy
    Options
    Still not fixed in R43.32. Keep posting here to keep this issue alive. If anyone has email address for Scott Case, CIO at Truist, please post it so we can make sure Truist executive suite knows that there's a longstanding, ongoing problem.
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I received this Quicken update notice today about pending transactions, but I have not verified that it fixes this problem.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pkeegan said:
    I received this Quicken update notice today about pending transactions, but I have not verified that it fixes this problem.
    Note the announcement about the pending transactions feature doesn't apply to Direct Connect.  And note that for Direct Connect the online balance comes directly from the financial institution, and if it isn't correct, only they can fix it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I downloaded R44.27 today and the problem is still not fixed. Is the fix expected to be in the App, the Quicken server or from the bank? My Quicken connection to DCU is Express Web Connect.
  • johnaclark6
    johnaclark6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @pkeegan said:
    > I downloaded R44.27 today and the problem is still not fixed. Is the fix expected to be in the App, the Quicken server or from the bank? My Quicken connection to DCU is Express Web Connect.

Nobody has even acknowledged a problem. Quicken says it must be a Truist problem. Truist says it's a Quicken problem.
  • GA_Guy
    GA_Guy Member ✭✭
    Options
    The latest version removed the prior “fix” to the issue. Still waiting.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @pkeegan said:
    > I downloaded R44.27 today and the problem is still not fixed. Is the fix expected to be in the App, the Quicken server or from the bank? My Quicken connection to DCU is Express Web Connect.

Nobody has even acknowledged a problem. Quicken says it must be a Truist problem. Truist says it's a Quicken problem.
    If the connection type is Direct Connect it has to the be the financial institution.  If the connection type is Express Web Connect then it possible to be either Intuit (Quicken Inc’s aggregator) or the financial institution.  In either case the only way for it to get fixed for Express Web Connect is for Quicken support to escalate the problem to the “script team”.
    Signature:
  • johnaclark6
    johnaclark6 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > If the connection type is Direct Connect it has to the be the financial institution.  If the connection type is Express Web Connect then it possible to be either Intuit (Quicken Inc’s aggregator) or the financial institution.  In either case the only way for it to get fixed for Express Web Connect is for Quicken support to escalate the problem to the “script team”.

We've been all through this numerous times in this thread, and another one, I believe. I'm using Express Web Connect. I've been on with Quicken and they say it's the financial institution. I've been on with Truist and they just say it's a Quicken problem and there's nothing they can do. The Quicken support people have not been helpful.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @johnaclark6 That is one of the main reasons I don’t like Express Web Connect/Express Web Connect +, there are way too many “players” in the process that blame it on the others.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.