Securities Comparison Mismatch error message

jcohen03
jcohen03 Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I invest with Schwab. It is common for me to get the "Securities Comparison Mismatach" message after I do the One step update. The difference is exactly the new securities that were bought and properly posted into quicken. For example my Schwab account will purchase 100 shares of XYZ. After performing the one step update 100 shares of XYZ are properly posted into quicken. The "Securities Mismatch" message will appear reporting that Schwab reports 100 shares while quicken reports 0 shares. Why should this happen?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why this does happen but it does and it has been going on for a long time, even surviving the transition from Direct Connect to EWC+.  The only reason (speculation) that I can advance for this behavior is that the data bucket for "number of shares owned" isn't immediately updated when the transaction occurs but instead is updated some time after, maybe because of the settlement process? 
    This "mismatch" process doesn't happen all of the time, but it's not uncommon either. 
This discussion has been closed.