Why is the net worth report incorrectly stating the balance in the account?

DebVirginia
DebVirginia Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I just updated to the latest Quicken release and now my net worth report is inaccurate.
Two of my accounts (that I do not update online) are showing incorrect balances just in the net worth report - one is showing a negative $347,000 amount in one account which is just crazy. Two other accounts are also incorrect though not by that much. It is simply transferring the data from the register to the report. The register is correct but the report is not.

Anyone else seeing problems?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @DebVirginia - Yes, you can simply install the R38.30 version that gets downloaded.  Mondo Patches are version specific update files and with some of the older (pre-subscription versions) it was sometimes important to install Mondo Patches.  The subscription versions posted there include everything that the Mondo Patch would include so you don't need to be concerned about that.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    @DebVirginia - You might want to try downloading from here: https://www.quicken.com/activate.  Click on the blue shaded "I'm installing or reinstalling".  Then select "Download for Windows."  I downloaded it from there and confirmed it is the full installation file (not a patch file) for R38.30.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using the Paycheck Wizard to enter your paychecks?

Please check a recent paycheck to see if the splits are correct. If not, you are experiencing this problem.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909601/r39-17-r39-21-paycheck-corruption-edited/p1
    QWin Premier subscription
  • DebVirginia
    DebVirginia Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the idea and the link. I do use paycheck wizard, and my register is correct. When I do a net worth report, that's when the discrepancies arise. The register matches my balance at the bank. I have not experienced this issue until this week.
  • Jim_Harman
    This problem started with Quicken version R39.17, which was first released earlier this week. Are you running this version?

If you have this problem, the account register will show the correct net pay, but if you open the paycheck, the deductions will not be correct and the amount it shows as the deposit will not equal the amount deposited.

Do you see this issue?
  • DebVirginia
    DebVirginia Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I show version R39.21 build 27.1.39.10. And yes, the problem did start earlier this week. And, yes, thanks to Quicken, my data has been corrupted. The payroll figures (going back for more than ten years) are wrong. I see a “patch” is coming, but that the patch won’t fix the data and we should restore from a backup. [Removed - Sarcasm]
  • Boatnmaniac
    Restoring a backup with R39.21 still installed risks the same issues occurring, again.  You might want to consider doing what I and others have done before restoring the backup file.: 

• BrianK
    BrianK Member ✭✭
    I am having this problem, too. I have a bank account with zero balance that is showing a large balance. This just started. Has anyone found a work around beside going back to the earlier version?
  • Jim_Harman
    If you are experiencing this problem caused by the Paycheck Wizard along with R39.17 or 21 as discussed here, you currently have to revert to R38.30 and a backup from before you installed R39.XX.

There is supposed to be a new R39 version coming out today, and in theory you should be able to install that along with a backup from before you installed R39.17 or 21.

Please see this Alert for more info.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909861/new-3-10-22-paycheck-wizard-issue-after-updating-to-r39-17-r39-21#latest
  • BrianK
    BrianK Member ✭✭
    Sorry about the ambiguity, my problem is with the net worth reporting, not the paycheck wizard. Thankfully I do not use that feature.
  • Jim_Harman
    @BrianK
    Did you have Paycheck Wizard transactions in the old account? This issue affects old transactions and accounts as well as current ones. If not, please start a new discussion for your issue.
  • DebVirginia
    DebVirginia Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac @Jim_Harman
    I looked at the instructions for installing the earlier version and there was something about doing a mondo patch. I'm not sure what that is. Can I just uninstall Quicken, install the R38.30 and then open a backup file? Thanks for all your help!!! Much appreciated.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    @DebVirginia - Yes, you can simply install the R38.30 version that gets downloaded.  Mondo Patches are version specific update files and with some of the older (pre-subscription versions) it was sometimes important to install Mondo Patches.  The subscription versions posted there include everything that the Mondo Patch would include so you don't need to be concerned about that.

• Boatnmaniac
    BrianK said:
    Sorry about the ambiguity, my problem is with the net worth reporting, not the paycheck wizard. Thankfully I do not use that feature.
    Do a search in Community since the beginning of this month for "net worth" and you will find there are a number of people posting about issues with reporting net worth...and they all coincide with updating to R39.17/R39.21.  There are also issues with transfer transactions where the transfers were deleted. 
    I don't know for sure but it appears that these versions may have broken more than Paycheck Wizard and the root cause might all be the same.  If transfers are getting deleted it would certainly follow that there could be issues with Paycheck transactions and net worth reporting. 
    With everything I've been seeing this past week I would not recommend anyone staying with R39.17/R39.21.  Instead revert to R38.30.  And when the hotfix comes out I would not update to it until there is some history established indicating that it fixes the problems and doesn't introduce others.

• Jim_Harman
    As requested, @BrianK has started a new discussion on his Net Worth report issue here
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909953/net-worth-report-is-showing-inaccurate-balances#latest 
  • DebVirginia
    DebVirginia Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac @Jim_Harman When I download the Release R38.30 (2/15/2022) it won't install because it says Quicken isn't on the computer - which it isn't because I thought I had to uninstall Quicken. Do I need to install the "bad" version and then go to the old release?
  • Jim_Harman
    @DebVirginia
    Did you download R38.30 from the Mondo Patch site as described in this Alert?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909861/new-3-10-22-paycheck-wizard-issue-after-updating-to-r39-17-r39-21#latest

That should be a complete install and not require any existing Quicken installation.
  • DebVirginia
    DebVirginia Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    @Jim_Harman I followed the link supplied in that post. Then I scrolled down to Release Notes and clicked on the 38.30. I do have an active subscription and I did uninstall Quicken from the computer. I tried twice using that link. Do I have to use one of the links further up on the page? The Mondo patches I referred to earlier are on that page.

Edit: Now it won't even download the executable file from that link. I'm sorry to be such a pest, but I'm not having any luck.
  • Jim_Harman
    To be clear, you should go this website
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

and click on the Download link just below where it says "Important: If you missed any releases ..."

The download link in the box is a part of an animation that shows what downloading looks like, more confusing than helpful I thik.
  • DebVirginia
    DebVirginia Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    @Jim_Harman So I just tried again.
    Important: If you missed any releases, don't worry. You only need to download the most recent release to update Quicken.

Download the Latest Update (US Versions)
    Download the US Mondo Patch Update (395.65MB)

I clicked on the download link, something downloads, and then when I try to install, a pop up box says that Quicken is not installed on this machine.

Can I download the current "bad" version and then do the mondo patch update to roll it back?

I used Windows uninstall to uninstall Quicken.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    @DebVirginia - You might want to try downloading from here: https://www.quicken.com/activate.  Click on the blue shaded "I'm installing or reinstalling".  Then select "Download for Windows."  I downloaded it from there and confirmed it is the full installation file (not a patch file) for R38.30.

• DebVirginia
    DebVirginia Member ✭✭
    Thank you!
  • Jim_Harman
    Actually today the fresh install is R39.23, which supposedly fixes the paycheck corruption issue.

@DebVirginia, if you install this, please let us know if you get R39.23, and if the problem is fixed for you.

Thanks!
  • DebVirginia
    DebVirginia Member ✭✭
    I rolled back and used a saved data file prior to the R39 update. I don’t plan on updating any time soon.
    A couple of days ago Quicken said the fix would prevent the problem going forward but would not fix the corrupted data. I assume that is still the case so I will wait and see.
    Let me know what you all hear or direct me to a thread where I can track this. Thank you!!
  • Jim_Harman
This discussion has been closed.