What would make Quicken run extremely slow

cboot
cboot Member ✭✭
Constantly getting blue soccer ball. Had computer worked on to stop BSOD. This was fixed. Now it takes 3-4 hours to do what normally took 1. Constant blinking screen and blue soccer ball when I click on something. Takes approximately 5 minutes to do one entry. This seems to be the only program doing this. Have validated file with no change. Currently running R39.23 on Windows 10 Pro cpu

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried pausing Spybot while running Quicken?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Did you make a copy of your Quicken data file and then use that? I'm running Quicken R39.23 on Windows 11 Pro and having no problems at all.

Answers

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    What version of Windows 10? Go to Windows Settings>Update & Security and on the right side of the screen click on OS Build info.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    Windows 10 Pro
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    Not running Windows Defender, running Spybot
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    System Interrupts also running high which it was not doing before
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried pausing Spybot while running Quicken?
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    Went to update transactions this morning and all updates have been removed from one step update except on line services....all banks and others have been removed. What is going on with Quicken?
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    After more checking, everything has been deleted as far as financial information and passwords on all my accounts...AGAIN what is going on with Quicken
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Did you make a copy of your Quicken data file and then use that? I'm running Quicken R39.23 on Windows 11 Pro and having no problems at all.
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    Don't know how to pause Spybot
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    Quicken screen is now blinking and moving back and forth like it is breathing
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    Constantly getting blinking and pulsing screen. When I'm able to enter info get the spinning blue soccer ball. Now it takes 3-4 hours to do what normally took 1. Takes approximately 5-10 minutes to do one entry depending upon if the pulsing screen stops. This is the only program doing this. Have validated file with no change. Currently running R39.23 on Windows 10 Pro cpu.....Does ANYONE have an idea what is going on.....
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    [Removed-Merged Posts]

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.