Price History Graph indicates Sale on wrong date

FredArthur
FredArthur Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
My price history graph indicates a Sale occurred (red bar) on the wrong date. See attachment. On March 15 I sold shares of Sempra (notice transaction in top row). However, the graph indicates the Sale took place on March 16. I have a second occurrence that is the same. The transaction was input on the 16th but the trade was on the 15th.

Has anyone encountered the same?

Quicken Windows Subscription: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2.
(I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version.)

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The transaction was Input on the 16th but what date was used in Quicken?
  • FredArthur
    FredArthur Member ✭✭✭
    @bmciance - Thanks for your response. March 15 was used as the trade date. It is shown in the top row of the attachment. 

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. Didn't notice that while viewing this on my phone.  That's odd then.  Not that I have looked at it that closely but, no I have not encountered this.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I never looked that closely, but now that I do, yes, I see the same thing.

Counting backwards from 2/25 on the bottom of the graph, the bought line is on 2/23.  And as you can see from the transaction history, but buy was actually on 2/22.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here is another, and I really doubt that I bought on a weekend!

I have checked all my most recent purchases (three of them) for three different ETFs and they are all one day off (into the future).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very strange.  I'll have to look at some when I get back to my computer.  The ones I remember seeing had several trades and I didn't pay attention to the dates.  I kind of thought the lines were unnecessary anyway.  
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I'm seeing the same.  It appears activity is displayed on the day after the transaction.

If you haven't already, I suggest you report the problem to Quicken: select Help > Report a problem....
  • FredArthur
    FredArthur Member ✭✭✭
    @Sherlock - Yes, I did report it but as you are aware, reporting a problem to QUICKEN comes with the caveat, "We will not respond to your report directly ... " So, I thought it best to bounce it off this community. I thank everyone for their contributions and hope this will bubble up to Quicken support.
    All the best,
    Fred J.
This discussion has been closed.