What Investment Transaction function do I use?

Viacom (VIAC) recently changed its name and the ticker to Paramount Global (PARA). How do I do that in Quicken?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @hadji53e

Its actually very easy.  Simply open up the register of the account holding the shares. Then click on the "Enter transactions" button > on the drop down menu - "arrow-down" until you get to "Corporate Name Change" and select it.  Find the old security name in the top box and then "type-in" the new name in the "New Security Name" box.  Once you've done that you should also change the Ticker symbol by opening up the "Security List" > page-down to find the new security name > click on the "Edit" button, in the far right, and insert the new Ticker in the pop-up box.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @hadji53e

Its actually very easy.  Simply open up the register of the account holding the shares. Then click on the "Enter transactions" button > on the drop down menu - "arrow-down" until you get to "Corporate Name Change" and select it.  Find the old security name in the top box and then "type-in" the new name in the "New Security Name" box.  Once you've done that you should also change the Ticker symbol by opening up the "Security List" > page-down to find the new security name > click on the "Edit" button, in the far right, and insert the new Ticker in the pop-up box.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Timmccr8
    Timmccr8 Member ✭✭
    I have a question: when did they remove this functionality? Because the 'Corporate Name Change' option does not exist in any pull down menu I see.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Timmccr8 Which Q product are you running?  And what BUILD of that product?  This info can be found at HELP, About Quicken.
    Because "Corporate Name Change" is definitely present among my security actions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.