Columns for deposits and payments

Options
Ed R
Ed R Member
When I click on Columns in Transaction mode, Q's help says to uncheck Amount and then check Payments and Deposits. I would love to do that, but Payment and Deposit columns are not choices offered.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Ed R said:
    When I click on Columns in Transaction mode, Q's help says to uncheck Amount and then check Payments and Deposits. I would love to do that, but Payment and Deposit columns are not choices offered.
    Hello @Ed R

I am sorry to hear about this difficulty with Payment and Deposit column options missing. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

What version of Quicken are you using? You can check this anytime by going to Quicken > About Quicken in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Additionally, it sounds as though menu items are missing from the Columns dropdown list below the register. Is there any way you could provide screenshots regarding this problem? I am providing a link explaining how to do this just below:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Note that you can also drag and drop images directly into your comment before it has been posted in order to provide screenshots, as well.

I look forward to hearing back from you, if you should have the chance to reach out once more.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Are you trying to change the columns on an individual account, or for an account group?

If it's an account group, look for the Inflow and Outflow columns instead.

If it's an individual account, different account types have different names for those columns. For instance, Checking accounts have Deposit & Payment but Cash accounts have Receive & Spend. So if you can't find Payment or Deposit, look for something else that means the same thing.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    And in an investment account they are called Cash In and Cash Out. All these different name pairs all mean the same thing: separate columns for inflows and outflows instead of a single Amount column.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.