Account does not exist message

ShaunaF
ShaunaF Member
I keep getting 'Account does not exist' messages for transfers that that were downloaded. The account does exist and I am able to open that account. What is going on and how do I fix it? I checked and am using the most current version of Windows and Quicken.
Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Financial Institution(s), as shown at TOOLS, Account List? And what type(s) of accounts
    Also, what EXACT version of Q, as shown in HELP, About Quicken?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• ShaunaF
    ShaunaF Member
    Quicken Home, Business & Rental. Version R39.23, Build 27.1.39.23. My financial institution is my local credit union. The account that is having problems is my Swift Cash/Check card. I can open that account and edit or save transactions. It's when I am in my checking account trying to reconcile my account it says the account selected (Swift Cash) does not exist.
  • ShaunaF
    ShaunaF Member
    Transfers between my checking and swift cash.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is "Swift Cash" and does such an account exist in your Q data file and was what type of account?
    And, the EXACT name of your CU would be helpful.

• ShaunaF
    ShaunaF Member
    Mountain America Credit Union. It's an overdraft account. Yes the account does exist. I can open it up, edit and save transactions.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    By "type of account", I meant type as shown in Q.  Do TOOLS, Account List and click EDIT adjacent to the account, then look at the "Account Type" label.
    It sounds to me like it should be a liability account of some type, since your use of it would create amounts that you owe back to the CU.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ShaunaF

Is this "overdraft account" effectively a credit card?  Can you tell us what type of account this is in your Quicken datafile?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.