American Express - OL-293/294 Errors (QWIN) [Edited]

Options
13»

Answers

• Kevin Miller
    Kevin Miller Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Looking at my CONNLOG.TXT trouble started on 4/1 with "Temporarily overloaded". 4/2 - 4/5 AMEX was ok. On 4/6 it became (and remains until now) "We’re sorry, the server is experiencing an internal error. Try again now, or wait and try later." 

*update* as of 4/7/2022 4:42 PM EST AMEX OSU is working again (for me).

• JedWare
    JedWare Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same Error. Followed steps and updated account number but still same ol-293 error.
  • geeggross
    geeggross Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just spoke with a representative with AMEX and they confirmed the breakdown in the connection between their servers and Quicken's servers and standard response time is 48 to 72 hours and they are working on it since the outage occurred two days ago, Mentioned that I could try an update on Saturday or Sunday to see if they connection has been restored.
  • 1captainj
    1captainj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here, I contacted American Express and they say it is your fault, not theirs and I should contact Intuit
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It sure sounds like there is a different answer depending on who is talked to - even within American Express. This is when we need Quicken to be proactive and sort this out.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "1captainj" That was my experience with AMEX. They were NOT AWARE that Intuit has had NOTHING TO DO WITH Quicken for over 5 years. When I told them this fact they said they had just updated their information in the last month, my response was well the information that you have is still WRONG! AMEX customer support has NO IDEA what is going on.

• Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Has stopped downloading, yesterday and today. In "Error Recovery" Anyone else having this problem?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My AmEx card downloaded transactions without issue today after several days of failure.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ed V
    Ed V Member ✭✭
    Options
    American Express is now downloading fine on my system. Looks like it's back online.
  • EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just started working for me ... "error recovery" and then a separate update both worked. Fingers crossed.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Working fine for me now.

You may want to update or delete or mark resolved the message at this link as it is now misleading.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7911486/new-4-6-22-american-express-ol-293-294-qwin-http-500-qmac#latest
  • dudemon2014
    dudemon2014 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was having the same error problems with American Express downloads for the past few days. The download failed again this morning, but later in the day it finally worked for two separate credit card accounts via error recovery. Hopefully it will work again correctly in the morning.
  • Liz Renninger
    Liz Renninger Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    everything is working now. Transactions are downloading.
  • m230340
    m230340 Member ✭✭
    Options
    AmEx downloads still not working 4/8/22 7:17 am.
  • Ducati
    Ducati Member ✭✭
    Options
    mine worked this AM 4/8
  • geeggross
    geeggross Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine is back working this AM on 4/8
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    All was working as it should this morning 4/08 at 10:06am edst. I reactivated my 3 AMEX accounts and was able to update them normally.
  • dudemon2014
    dudemon2014 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine is now working as expected this morning (4/8 at 9:00am CST) - update was completed with no error messages. I have two Amex credit card accounts.
  • richczu
    richczu Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem since Monday but as of this morning my Amex update is working again.
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Same issue here. The only place I see American Express accounts is in CustomerErrorCentral.txt. They are there with " AGGR_STATUS_CODE : FDP-105". I am NOT getting any errors during download, just doesn't download transactions. It is displaying the correct online balance, just won't download any "posted" transactions.
    Quicken HB&RP R39.23
    Windows 10 PRO 21H2 current on updates.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    American Express transactions downloaded successfully today.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• scsweet
    scsweet Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was still having issues with Amex accounts today and went to the Amex website to download transactions into Quicken format file. While doing that I saw the following message:
    "Because of a recent change, you may need to update your connection between American Express and Quickbooks or Quicken" which linked to instructions to deactivate/activate the online services for my accounts in Quicken ("To resume .QFX and .QBO downloads, please complete a Quickbooks and/or Quicken account deactivation and reactivation process"). I did that for all of my Amex accounts then reactivated one of them (which identified all of my accounts to link). For now, it appears that the problem is fixed.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AMEX downloads are still working but has anyone else noticed a change in behavior? In the past, all new AMEX transactions were readily available and downloaded early the next morning. Sometimes I would download them as early at 6:30 AM Central. Now, they seem to not be available until much later in the morning. When I first run One Step Update in the morning the AMEX trans are not being downloaded. When I retry later then they come down.

Additionally, I find that some mornings no AMEX trans are DL by One Step Update but performing an immediate DL from AMEX only after OSU finishes produces AMEX transactions.

• Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Haven't had any recent issues with AMEX direct connect, but other web downloads have been really slow and flakey with screens flashing on and off, turning black, and other strange effects.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Cris Williams

I think AMEX makes txns available for download at around 8AM Eastern.

I too have, on occasion, noticed that txns don't come down on the first try, but do on an immediate subsequent one. I attributed it to OSU being finicky when there are multiple institutions selected for download, but that's just a wild guess.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mark Torpey

Are you running release 40.21? The there have been multiple reports of flashing or pulsing screens while downloading transactions using that release. I'm on 40.21 and haven't experienced it, but I waited until this week to update. It's possible they fixed the problem before releasing the final version. You might try installing the 40.21 "mondo patch" to see if that solves it.

• Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    mrzookie,

Thanks for the info. I didn't catch that in the Community Forum.

Yes, I'm on 40.21. The flashing seems to have quieted since a forced update earlier this week. I'll wait for the next update before trying the mondo patch.
This discussion has been closed.