American Express - OL-293/294 Errors (QWIN) [Edited]

Options

Answers

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FYI: As of 7PM (Eastern), I've been able to make sporadic connections to AMEX. Doesn't always work, but I've been able to download my transactions and balances. Looks like the problem is starting to resolve.

• phitau98
    phitau98 Member
    Options
    I am as well
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: NEW 4/6/22 American Express - OL-293/294
  • cjim
    cjim Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am still not able to download successfully. Same error OL-293 - unexpected information received ...
  • Lisa S
    Lisa S Member ✭✭
    Options
    Successfully connected without error just now. Error as above this morning.
  • AAndersen
    AAndersen Member
    Options
    I also successfully connected without error just now, after getting error messages all day before now.
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for giving an update @Lisa S and @AAndersen

Very helpful!

I was able to connect successfully to AMEX with no errors this evening, too! 
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same Here
  • gcburke
    gcburke Member ✭✭
    Options
    No luck this am. same Error code OL-293A
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good morning Community.

Bright and early on the April 7th and I'll join the chorus.  Funny thing, yesterday it was an OL-293-A error and this morning it was an OL-294-A error for AMEX.

I will say that I feel a little better when I'm not the only one with a problem and it appears I'm clearly not alone in this one.

So, I (like all of you) am standing by for a solution.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems to be intermittent. For me, It failed once then later worked once last night. This morning I attempted to download transactions again, and twice so fair it has failed with OL-294A. So it's not working yet!
  • Dave508
    Dave508 Member ✭✭
    Options
    OL-293 American Express here too.,
  • cjim
    cjim Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I too am getting OL-294A errors, unable to complete your request
  • Larry Portouw
    Larry Portouw Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm getting the same OL-293 error since yesterday (6 April). Still getting it this morning. Password has been verified as correct. ??
  • Larry Portouw
    Larry Portouw Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    > If you haven't already, you may want to review: NEW 4/6/22 American Express - OL-293/294

Thanks for posting this. It didn't show up in a search for some reason.
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    worked for me, 542 am MST
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with @Don Awalt that it appears to be intermittent. It worked late last night, but now it's down with the OL-293-A error as of 0916 EDT. Thanks for the updates, everyone...

For now, I'm going to wait until this gets fixed. 
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • snearman_22
    snearman_22 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am still not able to download successfully. Same error OL-293
  • dougbr213
    dougbr213 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just had it work for a single transaction on my AMEX card (there should be more) but still failed for my wife's separate account with the OL-293-A.
  • ArnieSiv
    ArnieSiv Member
    Options
    Still receiving this error from American Express today
  • Heisenberg_
    Heisenberg_ Member
    Options
    Same here. Tried re-connecting. Tried to add it as a new account. Failed...but at least you guys tell me "It's not your fault"....Ya think?
  • gwasserm
    gwasserm Member ✭✭
    Options
    Problem emerged only this week. Unable to set up direct connect or express web connect to fix the problem once I deactivated direct connect. Anyone else has this problem, or is it just my installation?
  • Lewis Bernstein
    Lewis Bernstein Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have also been having this problem with American Express and have been reporting it for the last three days. When can we expect a resolution?
  • Dr Brian
    Dr Brian Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also getting the error; repeating this morning, 4/7/22.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have had this issue since 3/31 with all three of my AMEX accounts. I have tried the troubleshooting steps 4 times and no joy. This morning I tried to talk to AMEX about the issue at 1-800-528-4800. They were oblivious. I was informed that I needed to talk to Intuit support. I confirmed with the "support representative" that I was talking about QUICKEN not Quickbooks. I also informed him that Intuit has not owned Quicken for over 5 years and that his information was out of date. He then said his information was updated just last month to which I replied that may be so but it is still bad information. When I asked to speak to a supervisor he hung up on me.  AMEX support is a joke as I have just recently finished a 6 month dispute with them which I finally won but it took over 12 hours on the phone to resolve. There are no supervisors to talk to. They purposely put me on hold at one point for 45 minutes and when I asked who they had been talking to for the last 45 minutes they again hung up on me.

I followed all of the steps in the support article that Anja referenced with no resolution. I hope this can get resolved quickly.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its still a very intermittent issue. This morning, it failed the first two times I tried to connect and worked the third. 

I don't know why they keep telling people to follow "troubleshooting" steps. Its a problem between Quicken and AMEX, and individual users will not be able to solve it. 
  • Stan Kardonsky
    Stan Kardonsky Member ✭✭
    Options
    Error 0-293-A from AMEX. "Unexpected Response" Anyone know what's going on?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An Alert about this issue was posted yesterday.  If you have not reviewed it, please do so now.:  NEW 4/6/22 American Express - OL-293/294 (QWIN) & HTTP-500 (QMAC).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• StaticWater
    StaticWater Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also getting an OL-294 error when trying to connect to Amex. After Quicken's payroll wizard corruption debacle last month, I am now getting very frustrated.
  • NewfPop
    NewfPop Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same error - OL-293-A. The Acct # had been changed, to a bunch of letters. I corrected that, and got the same message (verified change). Error report sent.
This discussion has been closed.