PNC web Connect broken

13»

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    >
    >" The graceful way to transition from Express Web Connect to Direct Connect is to deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution's name on the General tab. After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution's name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account..., the appropriate financial institution, Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect, and select Next. After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers.

Note: When we change connection methods, Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which we may delete. "

1) I don't see how to clear the financial instituion name (PNC Bank). That isn't an editable field. Only the account name, number and ID seem to be editable.

2) The PNC rep who was sending me my new PIN mentioned I should select "Link to Existing" which only came up as an option if I selected Express Web. Will I see the option to Link to Existing after I select the "Advanced Options" you mention above? And as for duplicate transactions you mentioned, you mean within my already existing accounts. You not saying that this process will create entirely new accounts, right?
    1. The financial institution's name field should become an editable field on the General tab of the Account Details window after you have deactivated the Online Services associated with the register.  If not, I suggest you create a new offline account, move the transactions from the original register to the new register, reset any impacted memorized payees and reminders, and delete the original register.
    2. After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained from the financial institution and allow you to link the accounts to the appropriate existing registers.  When you link all the accounts found to existing registers, Quicken does not add new registers.  You should have the option to link, add, or ignore each account provided in the list that is not already associated with a register.
  • ChetOrSteve
    ChetOrSteve Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Sherlock! Your instructions (and clarifications) all worked perfectly! I am now transitioned from Express Web to Direct Connect and it all worked as you said it would.
  • gklajman
    gklajman Member ✭✭
    They keep responding they have "escalated" the problem. For sure, it is escalating in inconvenience . . . and decreasing usefulness of software I've been using for umpteen years. It doesn't matter where the source is (bank or software). You only have so long before your customers start looking for alternatives (if they exist . . . sigh.) There is no way this problem would be permitted to fester this long if this were happening to Quickbooks. But that's commercial . . . you know, real money.
  • gklajman
    gklajman Member ✭✭
    > @ddutmers said:
    > I've been getting the CC-502 error for Web Connect for over a month now. This is getting old. I use Web because PNC only offers that for credit cards is my understanding. What can I do?

This just worked (perhaps also for you): just reset my password (deleted old one, reentered exactly the same). At least on the first try, Quicken downloaded the missing transactions. This is my personal "escalation" of the problem. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.