PNC web Connect broken

Options

Answers

• REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hope this helps: If you wish to use Direct Connect with PNC, then you will first need to contact PNC and request Quicken Direct Connect access for your account. If your account qualifies for Direct Connect access, then PNC will snail mail a one-time use PIN to you, and it takes about 10-14 days to arrive. When you have your one-time use PIN ready, then start a new the Quicken account setup process. One of the first steps will be to select your financial institution, which is "PNC-Direct Connect". In setting up your log-in credentials, as soon as you enter the one-time use PIN, you will be required to create a new PIN for accessing your account. I started banking with PNC a couple of months ago, and I use Direct Connect often, and it has always worked perfectly.
  • ChetOrSteve
    ChetOrSteve Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @REJones said:
    > Hope this helps: If you wish to use Direct Connect with PNC, then you will first need to contact PNC and request Quicken Direct Connect access for your account. If your account qualifies for Direct Connect access, then PNC will snail mail a one-time use PIN to you, and it takes about 10-14 days to arrive. When you have your one-time use PIN ready, then start a new the Quicken account setup process. One of the first steps will be to select your financial institution, which is "PNC-Direct Connect". In setting up your log-in credentials, as soon as you enter the one-time use PIN, you will be required to create a new PIN for accessing your account. I started banking with PNC a couple of months ago, and I use Direct Connect often, and it has always worked perfectly.

This is helpful. I had thought it could be done over the phone. So if I set up Quicken with Express Web, and I downloaded 3 months history, reconciled all my accounts, and am now into month 4, will swithcing over to Direct Connect change any entries or balances? I'll of course back up first.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options

This is helpful. I had thought it could be done over the phone. So if I set up Quicken with Express Web, and I downloaded 3 months history, reconciled all my accounts, and am now into month 4, will swithcing over to Direct Connect change any entries or balances? I'll of course back up first.
    Change entries or balances - no. It is possible that some transactions may be duplicated, but can easily be corrected. There is ablsolutely no downside to using DC. Once on DC you can use PNC online billpay and initiate payment requests directly from Quicken for free.
    I have been with PNC DC for over a decade and only had an issue with downloading once, when bad actors were wrecking havoc over the internet banking sites.
  • pescular
    pescular Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have 3 accounts with PNC. I am able to access 1. the other 2 give an error message. i have been using Quicken for years. This problem has occurred before.. when either Quicken or PNC Bank updated their software. Last time I think was 7 days. It is an inconvenience. I am manually entering items so I maintain a proper balance and I will see what happens when PNC comes back online with Quicken. Patience is one of my few virtues.. impatience solves nothing...
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @pescular
    What is the type of connection for all three accounts? Checking and savings must be Direct Connect. PNC only offers Express Web Connect for credit cards, unfortunately. Have you attempted to use ⚙️ > Update Now from the problem accounts? Using this will often resolve a connection/update issue when OSU fails.
  • pescular
    pescular Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you GeoffG I tried that.. it has worked in the past. My accounts are savings and checking. I reported it yesterday and i was informed to be patient and try again in 48 hours.. Of course I didn't wait and nothing has changed. These glitches just seem to happen. A month ago it was a credit card for 3 days... that was repaired by following the procedure you just suggested...
  • ddutmers
    ddutmers Member ✭✭
    Options
    Is Direct Connect available with just PNC Credit Cards? I don't believe so, but thought I'd ask.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PNC CC accounts are EWC only. PNC checking and savings can be either, but should be DC as it is the most reliable connection.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, @Sherlock said I should move my mom's account to Direct Connect - which I had to wait for a PIN. I got it, and her checking account is working with Quicken now. However, her CD is not seen in direct connect - it appears to only be accessible through Web Connect. So I am back to square 1, unless Quicken can make Web Connect with PNC work again, this solution is not complete.
  • guptas4
    guptas4 Member ✭✭
    Options
    PNC Bank updates were going through successfully but no transactions were coming in.

So I did a reset

That caused Quicken to lose account information at PNC

Now I am unable to establish a connection. When I try to setup online I get CC-501
  • iblvtoo
    iblvtoo Member ✭✭
    Options
    i started having issues yesterday the 24th with the 502 error. i called pnc and they said they had been having the issue since october or novenber of 2021. they suggested direct connect as sherlock has suggested. i preferred direct connect. it created a host of problems with balances and i had to adjust balances on all four of my consumer accounts. then the bigger issue is direct connect doesn't support credit cards. (Pnc told me this after i converted) i loaded my back up file account and went back to web connect virtual wallet. this morning, i still got the 502 error but my credit card transactions came through and my credit card balance updated. yesterday i got error messages, connectivity issues in the mobil app. i was still able to input transactions into the mobil app and when i synced it brought them into the desktop. some of these issues have been dragging on for months.
  • David Fash
    David Fash Member ✭✭
    Options
    PNC's technical staff are horrible.
  • iblvtoo
    iblvtoo Member ✭✭
    Options
    see my post above. i am now getting the 501 error and its telling me to re authorize my accounts
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Don Awalt said:
    Also, @Sherlock said I should move my mom's account to Direct Connect - which I had to wait for a PIN. I got it, and her checking account is working with Quicken now. However, her CD is not seen in direct connect - it appears to only be accessible through Web Connect. So I am back to square 1, unless Quicken can make Web Connect with PNC work again, this solution is not complete.
    If PNC Bank is not providing Direct Connect access to CD accounts, I suggest attempting to use the Web Connect connection method for the CD accounts.
  • iblvtoo
    iblvtoo Member ✭✭
    Options
    its been 3 days and now im getting the 501 error. one of my accounts is working, checking, savings, and one crdit card are not. this is fat getting old, esp since it happens a few times a year
  • Old Guy
    Old Guy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It's been well over 10 days and no updates via quicken for any of my PNC accouints or any others. The Auto update and individual updates don't work... Neither does the bill and income updates.... What's going on with the Quicken servers? 501 codes just keep showing up..
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Old Guy said:
    It's been well over 10 days and no updates via quicken for any of my PNC accouints or any others. The Auto update and individual updates don't work... Neither does the bill and income updates.... What's going on with the Quicken servers? 501 codes just keep showing up..
    Typically, Express Web Connect connection method issues take a few weeks to a few months to be resolved by Intuit's Express Web Connect script writing team.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PNC is back up for me, give it a try now.
  • willfine
    willfine Member
    Options
    It's back up for me after going through reconnect steps.
  • pescular
    pescular Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to download and reconcile all three accounts.. I hope it keeps working..
  • ddutmers
    ddutmers Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not yet for me!
  • Bonnie217
    Bonnie217 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have only the 3 virtual wallet accounts, no cds or ccs. Switching to direct connect appears to have worked .... for now......I am cautiously optimistic, thx for the advice here.

version R53.26 Build 27.1.53.26. I'm running Classic Premier on Windows 10

• schmieg
    schmieg Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to reconnect to PNC over the weekend and it has been working since.
  • ChetOrSteve
    ChetOrSteve Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Given the issue that Jared keeps posting as unresolved, would you all suggest that I wait to move my PNC Business Accounts from web express to Direct Connect? I suppose I can do bank transfers and checks direct through the PNC web site. My PIN arrives today.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Given the issue that Jared keeps posting as unresolved, would you all suggest that I wait to move my PNC Business Accounts from web express to Direct Connect? I suppose I can do bank transfers and checks direct through the PNC web site. My PIN arrives today.
    As I said at the outset of this discussion over a month ago,  if you are not willing to accept the unreliability of the Express Web Connect connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • ChetOrSteve
    ChetOrSteve Member ✭✭
    Options
    I guess where that statement confuses me, is that I've now been using Quicken and Express Web for about 2 months with no connection issues. It has been 100% reliable. I just want the convenience of Bill paying and bank acct. transfers. But I keep seeing these failure notice updates (ONGOING 05/17/22 PNC Bank - OL 297-A & CC-501/101) which I presume concerns Direct Connect. My brain keeps saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it" I was just hoping to get last-minute advice, that STILL suggests disableing Express Web and signing up for Direct Connect.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess where that statement confuses me, is that I've now been using Quicken and Express Web for about 2 months with no connection issues. It has been 100% reliable. I just want the convenience of Bill paying and bank acct. transfers. But I keep seeing these failure notice updates (ONGOING 05/17/22 PNC Bank - OL 297-A & CC-501/101) which I presume concerns Direct Connect. My brain keeps saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it" I was just hoping to get last-minute advice, that STILL suggests disableing Express Web and signing up for Direct Connect.
    OL-297-A is a Direct Connect connection method error.
    CC-501 is a Express Web Connect connection method error.

Just like you have had no connection issues for 2 months using the Express Web Connect connection method with PNC Bank, we don't recall having any connection issues using the Direct Connect connection method with PNC Bank since we opened our accounts 27 months ago.   

Note: When there is an Express Web Connect connection issue, it typically takes Intuit a few weeks to a few months to resolve the issue.  When there is a Direct Connect issue, it typically takes the financial institution a few hours to a few days to resolve the issue.

If the apparently intermittent OL-297-A and and CC-501 errors are correlated, the implication would be that network access to PNC Bank's servers is being throttled.
  • ddutmers
    ddutmers Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been getting the CC-502 error for Web Connect for over a month now. This is getting old. I use Web because PNC only offers that for credit cards is my understanding. What can I do?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @"ddutmers

Also include your Browser Version, like Firefox 9.1.9.1esr 32-Bit or Waterfox G4.1.2 64-Bit.

You need to paint a picture in words.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• ChetOrSteve
    ChetOrSteve Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    >
    >" The graceful way to transition from Express Web Connect to Direct Connect is to deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution's name on the General tab. After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution's name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account..., the appropriate financial institution, Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect, and select Next. After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers.

Note: When we change connection methods, Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which we may delete. "

1) I don't see how to clear the financial instituion name (PNC Bank). That isn't an editable field. Only the account name, number and ID seem to be editable.

2) The PNC rep who was sending me my new PIN mentioned I should select "Link to Existing" which only came up as an option if I selected Express Web. Will I see the option to Link to Existing after I select the "Advanced Options" you mention above? And as for duplicate transactions you mentioned, you mean within my already existing accounts. You not saying that this process will create entirely new accounts, right?
This discussion has been closed.