PayPal - Can't Add Credit Account

Options
2»

Answers

• Birdman24
    Birdman24 Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I have found a solution that worked for me.  Hope it works for you.  Here are steps that I followed:
    1) Make sure you do a backup in case you encounter problems.
    2) From Tools > Account List > Edit Account, make sure account is deactivated on Online Services tab and delete Financial Institution and Account Number from General Tab. Click OK to close out.
    3) Select Add Account on Account List.  Enter Paypal in resulting search box.
    4) Select "Paypal Credit, Mastercard & Crypto" (see image below).  Note, you will see the URL will be www.bank.com.  That is an invalid address but not to worry.  Click Next and enter credentials.  

At this point, I was given (finally) both a option to connect my Credit Card account as well as "Checking".  For credit card, select "Use existing account" and then select your Quicken credit card account.  For Checking, I selected "Don't add to Quicken" since Paypal checking account is already active.

This worked for me.  Hope it does for you.  
  • garylapalombara
    garylapalombara Member ✭✭
    Options
    This appears to have worked for me, thanks. Looks like they added the Mastercard to the list.
  • evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    What is PayPal app development doing trying to fix this? I went to my account and clicked on Set up online and a dialog box came up with "ZZZ-PayPal Credit Card OLD"?
  • garylapalombara
    Options
    You have to deactivate everything first and erase and financial info, account numbers, etc. first then do Add new Account like instructions above. Worked fine for me.
  • evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    Options
    So you're basically creating a brand new PayPal Credit account in Quicken? Not just setting up Online Banking with the existing register? What about the 100's of transactions with transfers to your other accounts, or splits, memos, etc.? Glad it worked for you but I'd rather have them fix what broke than starting anew...
  • garylapalombara
    Options
    NO you link the accounts to existing quicken accounts just follow instructions from Birdman24
  • Birdman24
    Birdman24 Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    evillama - No, you are not starting a new account.  Even though you are using the "Add Account" process, once the accounts are identified during the process, you are given the option to Add Account (you don't want to do this), Use Existing Account (this is where you point to the existing Paypal credit card account that has your existing transactions, and the third option to Don't Add to Quicken (which is what I did for the Paypal checking account.

• evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK got it. I did manage to link the Credit part of the account for online downloads. The Checking side doesn't seem to want to link to the existing cash register. Guess that part is still broken. Thanks for the tip.

Amazing that users are able to figure out the problem before Quicken themselves can deliver a solution...
  • evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    Options
    FWIW - I never touched my wife's account (stopped downloading) when these problems all started. On a whim I tried to update her account just now and the "ZZZ" connection actually synced (both her Credit and Checking accounts). So maybe anyone who's not tried removing/readding their accounts can just sync again and it might work.
  • Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    evillama said:
    OK got it. I did manage to link the Credit part of the account for online downloads. The Checking side doesn't seem to want to link to the existing cash register. Guess that part is still broken. Thanks for the tip.

Amazing that users are able to figure out the problem before Quicken themselves can deliver a solution...
    In order to add the checking you need to wipe out the bank info on the general tab, on top of deactivating. I deactivated both, wiped out both general tabs and added; linking both accounts at the same time. It worked fine.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    evillama said:
    I work in IT for a bank. No way an issue like this would be allowed to go on for this long.
    I'm a retired bank IT VP,  and  when  the  vendor  needs  to fix  it, not Q, yes sometimes it takes that  long.
    My understanding  is that PP  is changing  their download protocols, and until they're finished, no downloads will be available.
    Complain to PP.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    Options
    What these outages remind us is that the change management coordination between "Q" and the financial institutions are sometimes reactionary ("they didn't inform us or test with us their new protocols"). I'm paying a subscription fee annually to Q, not PP, so not my role to complain to PP for syncing not working.
  • raisleger
    raisleger Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too am reporting having the problem of getting my PayPal Credit account added to Quicken; it only presents my PayPal Checking account when when using Quicken to link to PayPal. I agree with everyone that when I did this operation, I would be presented with both my PayPal Credit and PayPal Checking. Now it only presents the PayPal Checking. I reverted to a backup copy of the database which had the PayPal Credit account, I was able to download the PayPal Credit transactions successfully. Interestingly, the PayPal Financial Institution name on my PayPal Credit account has been changed to: ZZZ-PayPal OLD. This must have been done by Quicken because it used to be PayPal.
  • raisleger
    raisleger Member ✭✭
    Options
    On the Community Alert page for this problem they said:

"RESOLVED 5/11/22
    This issue has been marked as resolved. However, this Alert will remain available for those who may still be experiencing this."

I tried adding my PayPal accounts to Quicken today and it still fails - it does not present my PayPal Credit account.
This discussion has been closed.