Quicken keeps reverting to old data

Every time I open Q, it reverts all my data back to March 25 to March 27 (depending on the account). I've spent 3 days rebuilding this file to current, only for Quicken to wipe all of my changes each time I open it. I can't find a way to stop this. I have one backup set that I keep restoring and as it finishes loading, I can see the account balances change. When I go into the accounts everything after March has disappeared. I'm at a loss.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checking first off, you are not using DropBox (or other cloud software) to store the working copy of your data file, correct? 
    Are you using QMobile/Q-Web in conjunction with this file??
    Make a Windows Explorer copy of your backup file to where you keep your Q data file.  Rename that file to something different than normal so that it is easily identifiable.  At the same time, change the extension of the file from .QDF-backup to just .QDF.
    Now, double click on the renamed file to get Quicken to open that file.  Add just ONE transaction, close Q and reopen that file and see if the new transaction is retained.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mrnaturl
    mrnaturl Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    "Are you using QMobile/Q-Web in conjunction with this file??" YES. And I've reset the online file multiple times. I also tried turning off the sync but it continues to do it.

"Make a Windows Explorer copy of your backup file to where you keep your Q data file. Rename that file to something different than normal so that it is easily identifiable. At the same time, change the extension of the file from .QDF-backup to just .QDF." I did that. Newname.qdf and it immediately removed all the data after March when I opened it. The 2nd time I opened it, it removed the single transaction I entered.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that using QMobile/Q-Web is causing your issue.  You need to purge the information stored in the Quicken Cloud Account (QCA) that is tied to that data file.  First off, delete the copy of your file you created for the earlier test using Windows Explorer.
    Now, you can't delete it, the QCA, while the file it is associated with is open, so create a brand new file (File->New Quicken file), select use mobile when asked.  You don't need to create any accounts, just go to Edit->Preferences->Quicken ID & Cloud Account and then click on "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID".  It will show a list of QCAs.  Delete the one associated with your original file's name.
    Later when you open that file again (you probably have to sign in again), it will get recreated.
    Hopefully, this will cure your disappearing transactions.  Start slow with just a few transactions and close and reopen to test it.
    Save the data file used to do the deletion in case you need it in the future.
    I named mine, Use-to-del-QCA.QDF
    To get rid of the deleted test file from the recent file list on the File menu, just try to open it from that list in Quicken (after deleting it) and Quicken will report that it doesn't exist and offer to remove it from the list.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.