Costco Citibank Account Reconcile Problem

eneranch
eneranch Member ✭✭✭
The ongoing OSU problem with Costco Citibank CC, my account has now started to reconcile after using Update Now feature, can't find anywhere to turn this off ??
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    eneranch said:
    The ongoing OSU problem with Costco Citibank CC, my account has now started to reconcile after using Update Now feature, can't find anywhere to turn this off ??
    Hello @eneranch

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the reconcile feature being affected by OSU errors. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

Select your Costco Citibank account from the Account List in the left-hand panel of the screen, and then navigate to the 'gear' icon in the upper right-hand corner on the opposite side of the screen. Finally, click on the Reconcile option in the dropdown menu that appears; do you see a checkmark next to a box that says Auto reconcile downloaded transactions? Make sure that this box is cleared. Also, make sure there is a checkmark next to the box which is labelled Always use online balance for this account. Don't ask me again.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    eneranch said:
    @Boatnmaniac Just tried to upgrade connection, getting CC-501 Error , unable to connect to Quicken Server. Lots of problems lately with this Program/Service. UGH
    So you clicked on "upgrade connection"? 
    That is not what I suggested doing.  What I talked about was to actually change the financial institution link that your Costco card is set up with...set it up with the Citi Cards instead of with Citibank or Costco Anywhere Visa Card...making sure to click on Advanced Options and selecting Direct Connect.  If you follow the process I mentioned, you will not get a CC-XXX error code because CC-XXX error codes generally do not apply to Direct Connect connections.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    eneranch said:
    Hello @eneranch

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the reconcile feature being affected by OSU errors. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

Select your Costco Citibank account from the Account List in the left-hand panel of the screen, and then navigate to the 'gear' icon in the upper right-hand corner on the opposite side of the screen. Finally, click on the Reconcile option in the dropdown menu that appears; do you see a checkmark next to a box that says Auto reconcile downloaded transactions? Make sure that this box is cleared. Also, make sure there is a checkmark next to the box which is labelled Always use online balance for this account. Don't ask me again.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2022
    @eneranch - Regarding the OSU problem with the Costco credit card:  Is the card set up with Express Web Connect?  Are you referring to the CC-502 error? 
    If so, have you considered deactivating your account and instead setting up the connection with the Citi Cards link, using the Advanced Options link and selecting the Direct Connect option?  That will set you up with Direct Connect which is a faster and more reliable connection method.  With Direct Connect you will not get a CC-502 error code (CC-502 error code is one that affects Express Web Connect connections).  I have been using this with my Costco card ever since the Costco Visa was introduced and there rarely is a connection issue with it.

• eneranch
    eneranch Member ✭✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac Just tried to upgrade connection, getting CC-501 Error , unable to connect to Quicken Server. Lots of problems lately with this Program/Service. UGH
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    eneranch said:
    So you clicked on "upgrade connection"? 
    That is not what I suggested doing.  What I talked about was to actually change the financial institution link that your Costco card is set up with...set it up with the Citi Cards instead of with Citibank or Costco Anywhere Visa Card...making sure to click on Advanced Options and selecting Direct Connect.  If you follow the process I mentioned, you will not get a CC-XXX error code because CC-XXX error codes generally do not apply to Direct Connect connections.

• eneranch
    eneranch Member ✭✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac Got It ?? I completely misunderstood what you were getting at. I was trying to use the "improve connection" link while under Account List & it wasn't working, now I know why. Hope I can remember this going forward, Thank You very much !!!
  • Boatnmaniac
    eneranch said:
    @Boatnmaniac Got It ?? I completely misunderstood what you were getting at. I was trying to use the "improve connection" link while under Account List & it wasn't working, now I know why. Hope I can remember this going forward, Thank You very much !!!
    You are welcome.  Did this new Direct Connect connection with Citi Cards work for you?

• eneranch
    eneranch Member ✭✭✭
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > You are welcome.  Did this new Direct Connect connection with Citi Cards work for you?

Yes, thanks again.
  • vmrao
    vmrao Member
    I had to do the same thing for my Citi Costco Visa because I was getting error CC-502 with my Quicken on Windows. When I switched to Direct Connect as recommended, I got another error message. In the error message, citi cards said that I had to go to citi.com/datamanagement to authorize my computer to use Quicken. Once I did that, it worked.
  • eneranch
    eneranch Member ✭✭✭
    @vmrao
    I didn't have that error from Citi, just changed to Direct Connect & it worked right away.
This discussion has been closed.