change of bank

My bank sold to another bank. I've downloaded and reconciled in Quicken all the transactions from the old bank. How do I set up a new bank, and will it connect with my credit cards in Quicken?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would make our responses less generic if you'd name the 2 banks and the types of accounts.
    Also, when you do TOOLS, Account List, what shows in the "Transaction Download" column adjacent to your accounts at the old bank.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    chanks said:
    My bank sold to another bank. I've downloaded and reconciled in Quicken all the transactions from the old bank. How do I set up a new bank, and will it connect with my credit cards in Quicken?
    Hello @chanks,

Thank you for asking about online banking connections here on the Quicken Community.

I will need some additional information from you in order to be of the greatest assistance. What bank are you trying to connect your accounts to? Also, do your credit card accounts already have a significant transaction history stored in your Quicken data file? Lastly, be sure to save backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. 

Typically, one would create a new account by going to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' icon in the upper left-hand side of the screen. You would then select the new banking institution using the search bar that appears in the window that says Search for your financial institution.

If you wanted to connect your old credit card accounts to a new banking institution, you would have to deactivate them first by going into Tools > Account List at the upper menu mentioned before and clicking the Edit button next to each of the affected accounts in the list that appears. You would then navigate to the Online Services tab in the window that follows and click Deactivate

After this, you would want to be sure that you have the proper information from your new bank regarding the 'instance' (this would be the particular choice you would have been looking for in the 'Search for your financial institution' screen before) as well as the connection method. Once you had this information, you would return to Tools > Account List > Edit > Online Services and click Set up Now. You would proceed through the necessary steps in the screens that appear after this, entering your account credentials as necessary. 

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    chanks said: My bank sold to another bank.
    As mentioned above - really need the names involved to see HOW and IF the new bank is supported by Quicken ?
    Also - did ALL your accounts get sold/transferred over to the new bank ..... savings, checking, and CC ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.