Quicken is slow

I have used Q for years, but now it is so slow to start, I am looking at alternatives. I do not need many of the current services like downloading brokerage, mortgages or other calculations. I need a fast program that keeps banking records straight and produces reports. Don't mess with a good thing. Give me back my old responsive Q.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hi @Eppa

I am sorry to hear that Quicken has been performing slowly for you and thank you for sharing your experience with Community. 

I did want to suggest visiting this support article that offers some troubleshooting steps for when Quicken is performing slowly. If these steps do not improve the performance, please let me know. Thanks! 

Quicken Janean
  • T McKannon
    T McKannon Member
    edited May 7
    Since the mid-January 2022 update and continuing with the latest release of Quicken for Windows Version R40.21, Build 27.1.40.21, the program and OSU have run unacceptably slow, effective unusable. I have reverted to Version 37.66 after every update since mid-January to maintain acceptable performance. Today I called Quicken Support. After some trouble shooting, I was told that my data file is too large and that the only way to solve the issue was to archive anything older than a year. [Removed - Speculation] Version R37.66 ran fine and still runs fine. [Removed - Speculation/Rant]
  • bobonyc
    bobonyc Member ✭✭
    This is exactly my situation with my largest/oldest file. Very frustrating that Quicken seems to have created the problem in an update earlier this year but does not issue a global fix.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited May 9
    bobonyc said:
    This is exactly my situation with my largest/oldest file. Very frustrating that Quicken seems to have created the problem in an update earlier this year but does not issue a global fix.
    Hello @bobonyc

I am sorry to hear that you seem to be experiencing this issue, as well. Thank you for looking to this Quicken Community Discussion for more information.

To be clear, have you attempted the troubleshooting steps recommended earlier by @Quicken Janean? Also, have you noticed this difficulty in other data files besides the largest and oldest one? If you are noticing this problem across data files, you may also attempt uninstalling and reinstalling the software, using the steps listed first in this Support Article, then in the one linked here, respectively. 

I look forward to hearing your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared