Fix a few key issues

ttravaille
ttravaille Member ✭✭
Stop new features until a few key bugs are fixed. eg. "projected balance" selection should show future balances for all accounts, need ability to eliminate history by rolling forward balances on Mac version, ability to categorize accounts correctly - now quicken forces the category - and is often wrong - example: Fidelity checking accounts can only be categorized as Investments - let users change the category - customizing them would be even better
Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @ttravaille I'm sorry I don't understand some of your post because it's one long sentence. I've tried to parse your post and separate it into the issues I think you're referring to, but please post back if I've misunderstood.

"projected balance" selection should show future balances for all accounts
    This is a known bug, according to a former Quicken moderator in this post. We don't know when it will be fixed, but it's on their radar. 

need ability to eliminate history by rolling forward balances on Mac version
    I'm not sure I understand this. Are you referring to wanting to save a copy of your data file with only transactions as of a specified date? This is a long-running feature request on this site which the developers originally said they weren't planning to implement, but this Idea post is listed as "Under Consideration"; you should add you vote for it.

ability to categorize accounts correctly - now quicken forces the category - and is often wrong - example: Fidelity checking accounts can only be categorized as Investments - let users change the category - customizing them would be even better
    I'm not sure I fully understand this, either. Fidelity is not a bank, so it is listed under investment accounts. but you can do banking transactions in an investment account (e.g. if you have a cash or money market account), so I'm not sure what problem you're looking to solve. If you're just referring to allowing users to customize how accounts are listed and grouped in the left sidebar, this too is a feature request. 

Finally, please be aware that this "community" site consists of fellow Quicken users (like me) and a handful of Quicken moderators, but you are not talking directly to Quicken programmers, managers or executives here — except for the Idea topics which get significant votes, which do get forwarded to the product and development teams. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.